• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The new export screen is clumsy, bulky, and requires more clicking. [Export]

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to easily zip up and down the various settings just with a quick scroll of the mouse wheel. Now, I'm constantly clicking, clicking, clicking to open various tabs. Because the boxes are much bigger, far less information is being displayed on my screen. Please, is there some way I can go back to the friendlier older version??
Idea Under review Locked
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

This thread is now closed. I encourage people to log bug reports and feature requests, following the directions provided in the links. Specifics are great and, particularly for feature requests, explaining how a feature change will benefit your workflow is very useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 819 Replies 819
819 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys already have Premiere Rush for simple hobbyists and casual users, why would you destroy what ACTUAL professionals use daily? There is completely zero sense. Stop catering to YouTube vloggers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change is easy, if you hire the right UI/UX designers. Is this so hard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change isn't hard, unnecessary change is annoying. The export screen makes zero sense. No one previews their export before exporting, so why make the preview screen so big?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Overwrites existing files (such as past exports) with no warning!!!

2) Can't create a new folder from the save location dialogue box!

3) New save location dialogue box doesn't show existing files, so when saving a new version of an export, you can't just copy-paste the old filename. Now you have to open the file browser, navigate to the save location and copy the filename from there. This is extremely time consuming.

4) When exporting from in to out points (such as exporting a single frame jpg), the export preview doesn't automatically show the first frame of the export. Instead it always shows the first frame of the sequence.

5) When it's necessary to adjust a single export setting (i.e. when creating a whole preset isn't necessary), you have to mouse-click to twirl down the settings rather than just using the scoll wheel like you could in the past.

6) When using a massive UHD display, you have to move over to look up in the top left corner to adjust settings and filename. Then move over again to find the export button in the bottom right. The whole thing is way too big.

7) The export button must be mouse-clicked. Hitting enter/return doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A list of just some of the problems:

3) New save location dialogue box doesn't show existing files, so when saving a new version of an export, you can't just copy-paste the old filename. Now you have to open the file browser, navigate to the save location and copy the filename from there. This is extremely time consuming.

4) When exporting from in to out points (such as exporting a single frame jpg), the export preview doesn't automatically show the first frame of the export. Instead it always shows the first frame of the sequence.

5) When it's necessary to adjust a single export setting (i.e. when creating a whole preset isn't necessary), you have to mouse-click to twirl down the settings rather than just using the scoll wheel like you could in the past.

6) When using a massive UHD display, you have to move over to look up in the top left corner to adjust settings and filename. Then move over again to find the export button in the bottom right. The whole thing is way too big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A list of just some of the problems with the new export interface:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe admin very dismissive of legitimate problems! Here's a list of some of the major issues with the new export interface:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A list of some of the major problems with the new export interface:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to provide more info, but it seems like everyone else who has commented is pointing out *exactly* my same concerns. I can simply say "ditto". This upgrade cost me several hours on a project I was working on. Instead of fighting, I just went back to the previous version.

I'm really not very thrilled at the moment. I've always loved Adobe and most of their changes, but this change was totally uninspired and likely created by people who don't actually use the software in any meaningful way 🙂 Sorry lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My big UHD display works fine for editing because I can save my workspaces so that the things I need are centred on the screen, and other stuff that I rarely use is out on the peripheries. WHY ON EARTH can't I save my export workspace? Everything I need is way off in opposite peripheries and an absolutely useless big preview window takes up all the space in my central, frequently used area!

Even if I resize certain panels in the export interface, they all revert to the ridiculous defaults every single time I switch back to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE let us opt out of this terrible UI update.

I switch between workspaces a lot and now it takes 2 clicks and looking through a dropdown instead of just clicking on the workspace I want.

Instead of that I now have a giant wasted bar at the top of my screen with only 3 buttons on the far left for Import/Edit/Export. I'm not going to use the import at all as I just drag in my files and the export I just use CTRL+M, you made a feature I use more often harder to use and replaced it with a import workflow I won't ever need.

And the export window...dear god people what are you thinking? I'm not going to reiterate what has already been covered by other comments in this thread at the abomination that is the new export window.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just let us opt out of these terrible UI changes.

Allowing customization of the interface should be paramount to a tool such as Premiere as it covers so many different types of video work.

Since it's a subscription model I may just take my money elsewhere if this isn't changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never like multiple clicks where it used to take one.

If there is no going back, then maybe an option that if I open a preset, it automatically fully opens, so I never have to hit more.

Changing font size would be great too, as it is way too big.

And I never use the preview window, literally never. Should be able to turn it off, and just show a small timeline so can see in to out.

Also a way to customize the whole export window. I never ever would upload a video without checking it first, so all the export to services are useless to me. I would like to turn them off, except maybe an upload to Frame.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need the export browsing window to be file browse, not folder browse. One would not ever export a file with the sequence name. You click the previous already rendered version, increase the version number, and press Enter. Now I have to open a Windows Explorer window, copy the file name, go back to premiere, paste it, and change it every five minutes. This is the worst 'innovation' i have seen in a while. You put everything out of reach instead of making it streamlined. Why do I have to dig deep for the "Youtube 1080p" preset when it's the gold standard for almost all platforms? Why do I have to see other presets in the "more presets" when I search specifically for the format I already set? Why does the view not update accordingly? And mainly, why wasn't the old one good? It's not like you put anything new; you just — the layout. Productivity in my division practically halved, and we had to revert to a previous version because this is just not professional software anymore.

Moderator note: Please respect Adobe community guidelines and do not use profanity. We have minors here. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree on the preview window being way too big. Like others have mentioned it gets very little use with our team, and a better use of the full-screen view would be to provide more video export options to reduce the number of clicks required to adjust the export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A big change I need (and the new window can stay the same) is naming files for export. A lot of times, I want to use the same name that I've used before, and I was able to click that name in the "Save As..." menu when choosing a file destination and it would auto rename the new file to the existing file name, then I could either decide to just replace it (and use the same name) or I could add a V1/V2/V3/etc. easily, rather than guessing what I used before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please listen to the large amount of your user base.
These implementations were a mistake and need revisioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe (and Francis Crossman), please listen to your users who have a great deal more experience than you. These new "features" are not helpful to those of us creating content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with everything you have said. I feel premier pro is trying to become more "user friendly" in a similar layout to Lightroom. It has done the opposite and has made things more complicated. I used to love having saved files on show so I could overwrite when I save as a new export. Now I have to manually type out the file name and hope that it matches for clients. It is so painful and so inefficient. Adobe - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET IT SORTED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what the new export page is trying to achieve (we don't use Resolve because of its tabbed interface) but please fix the following...

Allow keyboard entry in all drop-downs so we can hit 'q' for quicktime or the first letter of a custom preset for example.

Remember previous settings per timeline as per the previous export window. Again, why create extra work? UPDATE: I have one project which never remembers the last export setting but another which does. Maybe the one that doesn't was created in an older version but I'm not 100% if this is why.

The roll-ups/accordions are painful because you can't see both video and audio settings simultaneously - yet more pointing and clicking. Also, the vertical spacing on everything is too big, especially for laptops - which is why you've probably implemented accordions? We don't use Resolve because of it's large vertical spacing, it's a pain-point for many of us, especially when on the road.

It's great that 'Export' is now the primary button and not 'Send to Media Encoder'. However, hitting enter to export opens one of the settings dropdowns and doesn't export anything? If we see a big blue button, we expect enter to trigger it - right?

Several times now, the Range dropdown has set itself to 'Custom'. Not sure why, however I did notice that it had set itself to the previous video exported (20sec) when the new video was 15sec, thus rendering 5sec of black at the end. Not sure if this is a bug but I can't reliably replicate this.

If you're going to reset workflows (agile development?) please keep a running list of UI/UX standards so you implement new features in a quality way from the start. Otherwise, it just wastes so much of our time.

Also, don't wait for up-votes, this stuff is so basic that it should be included from the beginning as a point of pride. You're Adobe - right? Not a start-up.

We need less pointing and clicking in general, not more!

Cheers, Ben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fergus Hammond

We DON'T want tweaks ...we want the previous the PREVIOUS UI back. The Export UI is utterly atrocious. It is so poorly designed that it beggars belief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100%

At my office we have a very specific way of naming exported files; with this new UI we have to go into our files to find the name of our most recent export and name the new one accordingly instead of just changing 1 little thing like we used to. This wouldn't be an issue if we only had a few projects but we have several.

Its is incredibly inefficient...

Adobe please take us back to the previous exporter... if it ain't broke, don't fix it you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot agree with this enough. The Export window is a farce.

I have now rolled back to 22.2 and there I will stay. After 30 yrs of using Premiere I will now look at other software. The UI changes in 22.3 are just utterly baffling and have made it too frustrating to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate new interface changes. It feels like Final Cut Pro X all over again - trying to simplify interface for kids and grandmas. Creating new project was pain. It took me about 10 minutes. Slow and unintuitive. Exporting new files is also much worse. I would like to have option to turn everything back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome the chorus. The new interface has gone down like a lead balloon. It seriously needs to be rolled back ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It feels almost like it was made for a tablet. It's awful. Lots of wasted space, only one sub panel can be open at once, none are open by default, did I mention wasted space?

Votes

Translate

Translate