• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere 2018/20 Lagging (Not only Playback)

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey  guys , My Adobe Premiere 2018 or even my 2020 version started lagging , sometimes it is skipping frames , the preview looks like a slide show (without skipping frames)  , and even when i finished rendering , in exported video it is still running the same as in the preview (slowly and laggy) .

Tried everything from changing/updating /reinstalling  driver to adjusting Adobe audio , now running virus check , will see what ll happend .

Windows 10 x64

Asus FX503V

GeForce 1050 4 g

Ram 8 g 

Intel core I5

Need some help  

UPDATE : Noticed that my CPI is throttling from `20% to 100 for a short period of time 

Ziemniaki_0-1587385105265.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to , Import , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the issue been happening with a specific project? I had an issue with certain videos that Premiere did not like. They did not play well in Premiere. After reformatting the videos (outside of Premiere, all went back to normal in Premiere.

So, one thing to check if the issue is happing with other videos or other projects. Just a thing to elimate if it is not the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not depend on video or project, in fact when you put the any video in a timeline and then render it will be a fkn slajd show 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at this Technote:
Troubleshoot issues related to playback and performance in Premiere Pro
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/troubleshoot_playback_performance.html

It has a section on choppy videos and things to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Task Manager, are any other processes taking over your CPU or RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not it s looks quite normal (update Noticed that it s going for a short period of time from 20 % to 100)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An i5/8 gig ram is not that great for running Premiere 2018 or 2020.

Might want to share info on media used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is but not as much i put any kind of video small big or other and it make a slide show  from it , earlier i did not have this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines