• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone name a source for Encore CS5 Library files?

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In learning Encore CS6, I have been using a class from lynda.com, Encore CS5 Essential Training.

Encore CS6 is loaded on my computer. I have installed the content files available for CS6 from Adobe.

My question now is whether it is possible to obtain the Encore CS5 Library files because they are used (but not provided) in the lynda.com course.

I understand this is a longshot. Am just hopeful an archives-oriented soul may still have these files around. I've contacted Adobe directly and confirmed they cannot assist.

Will appreciate any ideas.

Thank you,

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

See this page:

Missing library, templates, template projects in Adobe products

Use the link under the section titled "Additional Solution: Install The Resource Central Library."

There were a few changes between library versions, but not significant for your purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the only way to get them is to install Premiere Pro CS5 or After Effects CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this page:

Missing library, templates, template projects in Adobe products

Use the link under the section titled "Additional Solution: Install The Resource Central Library."

There were a few changes between library versions, but not significant for your purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But does that install the CS5 content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I analyzed the library content at the time, I think CS6 included all CS5 plus more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, Pixelpaddler will confirm that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, pixel, let us know if these work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for the replies and information. I had found the document "Missing library, templates..." and downloaded and installed the initial files mentioned, "functional content for Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and Adobe Encore CS6". It was after doing so that I noticed exercises used in the lynda.com course on Encore CS5 that were not in my Library and led me to post my question.

I've now gone back to that same document and read further. Today, further into that document, I found "Additional Solution: Install the Resource Central library content" with links to downloads. What a difference! To give only one example, in Encore CS6>Library>General, there were 14 items. In the download from the Resource Central link, in Library>General, there are 310 items! This pattern continues throughout the Library folder. I had initially overlooked this option as there was no description given beyond the title which meant nothing to me.

While I have not yet gone back to the lynda.com course to confirm, I'm certain there is a pony in this barn. This download increases the number of resource files in Library about twentyfold.

Thank you very much for helping! I now have so much more material to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I did not make that instruction in my post 2 more prominent! Glad you have the full library now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines