• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open filesin 14.2 or 14.3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I updated from 14.1 to 14.2 I got a serious error message every time that i tried to open a previous project. I tried every suggestion that i could find but no luck. (emptying caches, re-saving projects, etc.) When 14.3 arrived i thought maybe the issue will be resolved. But no! I updated to 14.3 but still getting serious error message.

14.3 works fine for new projects but i'm stuck working in 14.1. for all my current projects.

I'm aware i'm not the only one experiencing this and the only 'fix' has been to 'stay in the older version' which is simply not good enough. I pay for the latest software!

On macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3.5Ghz 6-core Intel Xeon E5

2 x AMD FirePro D500 3GB

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Finally we have found the cause of this serious error - FONTS!

Post Script fonts - in particular Frutiger, which we purchased ages ago and use all the time with our largest client.

There's no issue opening old projects in 14.3 when they are not trying to access Post Script fonts on our computers.

You just have to open old projects in 14.1 and replace the font with one from Typekit - still a pain but at least we now know the cause of the crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried resetting preferences and media cache files as suggested but still get the serious error message when i attempt to open a project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying that every project that I've created over the past 10 years is corrupt?

I can open every project using 14.1 but cannot open any project using 14.2 and 14.3.

But it's got nothing to do with the updates, just my corrupt files?

So, correct me if i'm wrong, the solution is every time I need to open a previous project for a client I have to reinstall 14.1? And then when I'm back working on a new project I have to reinstall 14.3? What happens when 14.1 is no longer available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you have been updating the same project over 10 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

I am saying that I can open very old projects using 14.1.

I can open projects that I completed last year using 14.1

I can open projects that I completed last month using 14.1

I cannot open any project using 14.2 or 14.3

I have projects in 14.1 which have not been signed off and will require further editing.

We also have projects related to health information which periodically need updating.

I need to access these projects and amend them. It would be a lot easier if I could do that in the latest version of premiere rather than have to reinstall 14.1 every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happen to me to and still can't find a way to fix or way around it 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following.

I'm having a similar problem. I've tried importing sequences into new projects, resetting preferences and clearing caches.  But to no avail. 

I started having problems when I updated to Catalina, my iMac stopped talking to my QNAP NAS and now Premiere Pro is not opening any projects. Any work arounds would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to previous OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up reverting back to Premiere 14.1 and that has allowed me to open up past projects which I haven't been able to open since 14.1! So sticking with 14.1 now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally we have found the cause of this serious error - FONTS!

Post Script fonts - in particular Frutiger, which we purchased ages ago and use all the time with our largest client.

There's no issue opening old projects in 14.3 when they are not trying to access Post Script fonts on our computers.

You just have to open old projects in 14.1 and replace the font with one from Typekit - still a pain but at least we now know the cause of the crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines