• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl C and Ctrl V not working in new update?

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if I'm wrong but did't these generic controls work in previous editions?  I've updated yesterday and today I can't copy from word and paste into text box in PP.  I can't Ctrl A in the PP text box only highlight and or use delete and backspace to change or replace the text.

Is this going to be repaired?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-issues-related-to-undocked-panels-in-pr...

This is a bug introduced in 14.5. A workaround: save your preferred workspace and restart Premiere Pro. Now whenever you open Premiere, just close the floating panels and choose from the menu: window > workspaces > reset to saved layout (alt+shift+0). This way you will restore your layout, and the panels will function as it should

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but not sure what the undocked panels has to do with basic cop and pastr or highlight everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If previous does not work:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do some Premiere users update when they become available?  Wait and check the User Forum for bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it updated automatically and I'm obviously not on the forum very often - this is about my fourth time in 20yrs of using Adobe - as I have other places I'd rather be.  But it's looking like I should come here more often and hang out to get better knowledge of the programs from those more nerdy than I?  Thanks for the promopt of how useful this site can be.  It's just not very user friendly and TMI so I stay away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the frustration, Carla. Despite the growing pains the forum is having, please know we are here to help. My advice to workaround the issue here is to always use the stock workspaces which are the highlighted words at the top of the screen: Editing: Assembly: Color, etc. Please let us know if that solves the issue.

This is a known bug that we are working to fix right now. Sorry again!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, I had same issue today and yout advice worked. Then, I returned immediatly to my personal Workplace and everything is working. Tks. Informatics, is not the solucionatics of all problematics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had Premiere update automatically.  I have  been using it since 1991.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, you actually have to turn that feature on in Creative Cloud.

And FWIW: I also have import workspaces from project off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines