Highlighted

Disable Auto Keyframing in Track Effects

Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a audio tracks pointing to a audio sub track which I've applied an EQ effect. When I'm tweaking this effect it auto generates keyframes in the track properties when Im playing back trying to correctly EQ the whole track. How do I disable the effect fro keyframing at all?

-Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disable Auto Keyframing in Track Effects

Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a audio tracks pointing to a audio sub track which I've applied an EQ effect. When I'm tweaking this effect it auto generates keyframes in the track properties when Im playing back trying to correctly EQ the whole track. How do I disable the effect fro keyframing at all?

-Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi openskies2009,

Could you please elaborate this more?

You can also attach screenshots to explain. 

How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that "safe during write" has something to do with it? But I have to stop playing the playhead for me to adjust any effect Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 1.07.54 PM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this too. When I add an audio plugin on the master track and I adjust the knobs to that plugin, Premiere will make keyframes and snap the dial back into position once I release the button. It's infuriating because I want to adjust levels while the sound is playing but I can't because everything I do make a damn keyframe that I have to delete later. I can't find a way to shut this action off and I feel like I've looked everywhere. It does seem like a more recent problem however. All I know is it HAS TO BE FIXED!

I've attached a screenshot but it's not that difficult to understand the problem. Premiere is auto-keyframing. Plus, it's hard to attach an image when it only happens during playback. Then the keyframes only show up when you press stop.

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 9.38.56 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I cannot prevent premiere from automatically setting keyframes if i search for a frequency with the equalizer during playback. That makes it impossible to work with the equalizer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing is the audio automation system, specifically that it appears to be in Touch mode.  In Prmeiere, you can record paramter actions while playing and they will be written as keyframes and played back.

For Clip Effects: Look in the Audio Clip Mixer, and the keyframe button to the right of the Mute and Solo buttons. If it is highlighted blue, any parameter changes made during playback will be written as keyframes.

For Track Effects: In the Audio track Mixer, look for the dropdown underneath the pan knob, and make sure it is set to Read or Off, and not to Touch, Latch, or Write. If it is set to "Touch, Latch, or Write" new audio track keyframes will be written during playback.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines