Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding. Crash problem in Premiere.

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a long time (may be half of year) with all latest updated of  Windows 10, Nvidia studio drivers and Premiere Pro I have the same problem. If I'm switching from Premiere to another window (like pressing Alt+Tab) once my system is freezing for about a minute, not responding. Then screen blinks and Premiere is closing. I don't see any special messages about why it's closing. But if I go to Windows Event Viewer I see "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

The way how this happened is very specific. I don't have any crashes with other programs or tests of system stability and video card. This crash only could be if I work in Premiere then switch to other window like Firefox or After Effects. Not everytime when I'm switching to another window I get this crash. But because I work in Premiere and After Effects at one project and I need to switch many times and once (for example every 30 minutes of work) I have this crash.

My video card is RTX 2080 Ti.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?