Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported .mp4 File Error: No Preview Playback, No Editing Capabilities Enabled

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am at my wits end with this software and am about a week behind on a critical work project that has stalled in the face of this issue. I'm desperate - community, please help!

I have 2 video clips (both in .mp4 video format, which have been subsequently converted using Adobe Media Encoder CC v14.4 to MPEG movies with mp4 filetype using H.264 encoding):

• Video 1 - originally a Zoom recording:
    Premiere-Pro Error_Video1.png

• Video 2 - screencapture video from OBS app:
    Premiere-Pro Error_Video2.png

After importing the converted files and loading them onto the timeline for a new project, I am able to preview Video 2 but not Video 1. As a result, I am unable to view either video feed in the playback preview workspace (see attached screenshot of Premiere Pro Display Error):

Click to View Screenshot 

The videos are meant to be overlaid, I need to show one over the other. When each is loaded independently, the screencapture previews without issue. When Video 1 is loaded - with and without other clips - preview is disabled.

I am able to view and hear both projects in Windows Media Player without issue. Whenever Video 1 is imported, it breaks the project. However, I can't re-record this video and I can't go without using it. Please help!

I have tried so far:

1. Setting Project Settings > General > Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only
  2. Restarting the software, and my computer
  3. Clearing media cache and then re-importing
  4. Using Sequence > Render In to Out to render the video preview
  5. Importing into Adobe Premiere Rush to try to edit the files there - same result.
TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amendment: I have also tried resetting workspaces and restarting again, per https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-won-t-play-preview-video-footage/td-p/10328... . Still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines