• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it true Adobe SpeedGrade is now obsolete?

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Pro and After Effects for a long while now and Adobe SpeedGrade's been something that's been sitting in my Creative Cloud for some time now, never looked at it. Well, 2 days ago I decided to install it and see what it's about and it seems pretty much like anything you could be doing in Premiere Pro. I asked on Facebook and several people are saying that SpeedGrade is now obsolete and no longer that great of a program anymore, that Adobe has abandoned it, that it doesn't work well with Premiere anymore, and that other programs such as Davinci Resolve, and even just using Lumetri color in Premiere is good enough and better.

Would you say this is true, is color grading now much more efficient within Premiere or other programs rather than in SpeedGrade? Was really hoping to stick to all Adobe products, but with some of the negative comments, it's questionable now. I know that I should be trying it myself and seeing if I like it, but I don't want to try and learn a program if there are better options, or if something will become unsupported.

Would appreciate any feedback or discussion.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GSmaniamsmart  wrote

I don't want to try and learn a program if there are better options, or if something will become unsupported.

SpeedGrade will not likely be around for long, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I won't say that SpeedGrade was on par with Resolve, but it certainly was miles and miles closer than what Lumetri can do, so it is unfortunate for us editors that Adobe never fully integrated SpeedGrade into the Adobe ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines