Highlighted

Mouse Cursor Icon won't change accordingly to Tool set.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey forum,

Searched high and low for a solution for this - seems like Mac people had this problem but nothing in stone fixed.

After using Premiere for a few minutes the mouse cursor will "stick" to a cursor.
For example between switching the Arrow, Razor and Move tools the mouse cursor won't change.
Image below shows what I mean, since it should be showing the razor instead of the default mouse icon.

One thing that instantly fixes it for a minute is switching between workspaces - though it comes back very shortly.
It's not a program crashing bug, but extremely infuriating since I keep messing up edits since I don't know what tool I'm using.

What I've tried:
-Resetting cache and prefs while booting Premiere.
-Uninstalling and Reinstalling using the Adobe Uninstaller tool
-Create new workspaces
-Create new keyboard preferences
-Disable Import Workspaces

Using:
-Windows 10 64 Bit
-Premiere Pro CC 12.1 Kentos

All the best.

Example Pic:
PPCCEexample.jpg

Correct answer by edk83844729 | Community Beginner

Update 2:

Found 2 temporary fixes.

1) Disconnect one of my extra monitors. This is counter intuitive though since I use it for editing.
2) Right clicking on the timeline (only with the newest up date) fixes the cursor temporarily.

I assume it's some sort of display issue, updated all display drivers and etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mouse Cursor Icon won't change accordingly to Tool set.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey forum,

Searched high and low for a solution for this - seems like Mac people had this problem but nothing in stone fixed.

After using Premiere for a few minutes the mouse cursor will "stick" to a cursor.
For example between switching the Arrow, Razor and Move tools the mouse cursor won't change.
Image below shows what I mean, since it should be showing the razor instead of the default mouse icon.

One thing that instantly fixes it for a minute is switching between workspaces - though it comes back very shortly.
It's not a program crashing bug, but extremely infuriating since I keep messing up edits since I don't know what tool I'm using.

What I've tried:
-Resetting cache and prefs while booting Premiere.
-Uninstalling and Reinstalling using the Adobe Uninstaller tool
-Create new workspaces
-Create new keyboard preferences
-Disable Import Workspaces

Using:
-Windows 10 64 Bit
-Premiere Pro CC 12.1 Kentos

All the best.

Example Pic:
PPCCEexample.jpg

Correct answer by edk83844729 | Community Beginner

Update 2:

Found 2 temporary fixes.

1) Disconnect one of my extra monitors. This is counter intuitive though since I use it for editing.
2) Right clicking on the timeline (only with the newest up date) fixes the cursor temporarily.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my system the cursor does not change to reflect the tool selection until you are hovering above a clip on the timeline.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add above, mine does not change at all. Including the timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping that the problem still persists, even after updating to CC 13.00 and a complete clean wipe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EdK,

Try updating once more. Still doesn't work? Can you file a bug? Premiere Pro: Hot (3092 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

Updated to the patch that just rolled out when you replied, whatever it was it worked!

Thank you greatly, it was driving me insane.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update,

Right after my post above the problem came back.
The odd thing is that it was fine for an entire 24 hours, though I had to reset my password (I forgot) to reply to you.
Once that happened I'm back to the original problem. Other than that all settings and such were the same.

Tried re-installing again and didn't work. I'll be filing a bug soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2:

Found 2 temporary fixes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had the same issue and Right-clicking on the timeline seems to have worked! (knock on wood!)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 3:

3rd update rolled out aobut a week later after my last update.
So far it mostly fixed it!
In the past week this problem happened 3 times total instead of the 500 times it did before.

Overall it's basically fixed, but not completely. Enough where I'm happy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just put your cursor to the timeline and press v, it'll put your default cursor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines