• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Notebook crashes when exporting - sometimes works, mostly doesn't and screen goes black

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export, it'll go for about 5 minutes and then crash. The screen goes black, and I have to press and hold the power button to get out of it. Sometimes it makes a noise like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ok7dyger87ax7l/PXL_20210425_150947271.mp4?dl=0

On occasion, I am able to get one short video exported, but when I try to do the next one, it fails after a few minutes. This happens regardless of whether I'm using Media Encoder or simply exporting directly from Premiere Pro.

I recently "reset" the hard drive and reinstalled Adobe Premiere. But the problem persists.

I'm using Premiere Pro v15.1.0 (build 48). Windows 10, 64-bit. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design. Computer is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming.

Anyone have a simlar experience or advice on possible causes?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Here's a Speccy reading taken mid-export. The processor reading says 154 F    but I don't have other readings back from when it was working to use as a reference point: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ur3j63alswnn8ov/Mid%20Export.jpg?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much ram do you have?  What are your source propreties, sequence settings and export format?

Have you tried smart rendering? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16.0 gb Ram

I've experienced this when trying to export as H264 (Youtube 720) and when simply clicking on "Match Sequence Settings". https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyy2fm5c0un2ro2/Sequence%20Settings%20-%20Basic.jpg?dl=0

I have not tried Smart Rendering yet. Is the benefit that it exports faster so there's less time for my computer to crash, or is there a different benefit?

Thank you,

Curtis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It can help isolate the problem and sometimes solve the problem.  If you render sections, you can isolate where the problem is occuring.  Sometimes it can be caused by a specific clip or effect...  And properly set up, it can vastly speed up your export...   Of course, you'll spend the time you save when you render, but once you've rendered your sequence, you'll only need to rerender sections that have changed...

And it's difficult enough to try and troubleshoot from a distance  You haven't told us source properties and sequence settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines