• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.2 Crashing When Opening Project File

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed PP v14.2 and my project keeps getting the error message "Sorry, a serious error occurred..." upon opening.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Some background:

• Macbook Pro (late 2013), OS Catalina 10.15.4

• This is an enourmous project file (over 24MB) has been updated accordingly since November 2017.

• Because I was having problems with the legacy titles I had implemented with v14.1, I reverted my editing back to 14.0.4 (which I am doing again to keep working).

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

31KevinTobin

I would stay working in 14.0.4 until project is finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. All my old projects files (including one I was working on yesterday prior to upgrading to 14.2) won't open. I get the 'serious error' message whenever I try to open them. I have reinstalled the previous version and all my projects open fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double checked by opening another project file with an older version of Premiere, and everything was fine.  I then proceeded to call Adobe, in which they recommended the same as below (stay in 14.0.4 until project is finished).  I'm not a fan of that option as I've continually updated this project file since 2017 to the latest versions, and this project file being a feature doc in-pogress, I can't safely assume that 14.0.4 is going to be available/compatible until its finished.  

That being said, I've (strangely) been able to open the project file after several attempts (sometimes 1, sometimes 2 or 3) through these steps:

1. Dupiclate the current project file into a new one in the same location

2. Open new project file, receive error message, BUT don't select "OK" until all your media is loaded.  Select "OK" and project closes

3. Open again, select "No" on option to open previous file.  Select most recent project file

4. Repeart steps 2 and 3 until sucessful load  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. Sadly, the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

31KevinTobin

I would stay working in 14.0.4 until project is finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the correct answer. There is no answer to this issue. 

When rolling back to an earlier version and 'keep using it' would be ok for freeware, in a non professional landscape, this is just not a solution for global teams working with customers. This issue has no answer, merely a rollback workaround that may satisfy some. And while it is not addressed or posted on known issues page, we can't rely on Adobe at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having thr same issues but when trying to export. 

I am working on a brand new PC with high end specs

14.2 update is rubbish

ADOBE! STOP RELEASING BUGGED SOFTWARE!

I am seriously considering using final cut now. I am pretty fed up with allthe issues I keep getting from adobe with no appology to the users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the following:

Manually delete cache folders

Reset preferences (hold shift+option when launching premiere)

Create a new project and import the old one to it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution works very well. 
I fixed my problem in just 3-4 minutes. 
Thanks Christian 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem, with several projects — I've had to revert back to 14.0.4 just to be able to open the files. Tried re-saving them (and even project-managing them to whole new files), but when coming back to 14.2 (to see if that fixed the issue), the same problem persists. I've deleted cache files, trashed preferences, duplicated the file, tried importing the project into a new one, all to no avail. In one particular case, this is a project that I will need to be updating regularly in perpetuity — just remainining in 14.0.4 until the project is "finished" is not an option, as it will never be "finished." Not to mention the fact that I will always have projects in multiple states of completion. Is the suggestion that we stay at 14.0.4 forever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Adobe's announcement on 05-19-2020 here https://theblog.adobe.com/may-2020-adobe-video-audio-performance-report/

Titled "Performance and Stability: Our Highest Priority |Delivering ongoing improvements for the Adobe Creative Cloud video & audio applications", I realized that I haven't updated in a month or so, so I did.

Now I have the same issue as others on this thread. 14.2 won't open some files created in earlier versions. Not all of them.

Roling back to earlier version allows to open all files. Updating again, crashes on specific projects every time.

Please don't tell us, and that is the quote from the above linked announcement: "Improving the performance and stability of our software is our top priority". Because it's not. Rolling back is not a fix. It is a temporary measure, while expectations for a fix have been set. 

Right now it is a sad story for the customers of a much beloved company.

<system platform="Windows 10 Pro" osversion="10.0" osbuild="18362" applicationlanguage="en-us" userlanguage="en-IE" oslanguage="en-US" ram="16196" machine="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz" model="Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10" cpuCount="12" cpuType="8664" cpuFreq="2208 MHz"/>
<gpu>
<gpuinfo availability="Running/Full Power" adapterCompatibility="NVIDIA" adapterRAM="4095 MB" caption="NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design" description="NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design"

applicationName="Premiere Pro" applicationVersion="14.2" build="47" source="Windows-Client"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i tried resotring my pc for like 5 days and it worked fine but after some days its back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines