Thanks!

mycc

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The track matte effect has been buggy for years. At this point in time all you can do is pound sand  :  )

https://youtu.be/1mJnLnyACog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought, all would be better after using CS6 for many, many years, than jumped to the newest CC version maybe 1,5 years ago 😞

I can't believe it! It's really horrible 😞

I tried switching to software renderding, cleared cache etc. before, in the last night... (as it is mentioned in the video) – but now I know that I have to switch to another piece of software ...

... or maybe it is possible to do this circumstantially with After Effects ...

Thanks  for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann's correct ... simple to do in the EGP. No need for the Track Matte ... which I use without issues all the time btw.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is done with the track matte.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks for your hidden link! 🙂

I found "my" mistake: I did not used the crop filter to create the rectangle in the background of my text line – I scaled the solid fill (German: Farbfläche)! 😞

That caused the distortion of my transparent text line ...

Now I have 2 options 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mycc_0-1601340789640.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks. Worked too long with versions before CC 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have found a solution but the track matte filter does have bugs. Before CC Premiere Pro was bug free for the most part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mycc3

If you want to scale and use the track matte effect you need to nest inbetween. The same goes for CS6.

Track matte is not buggy you need to know how it works: CC works exctly the same as CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Track mattes work in software only mode or if you enable high quality playback. It is a bug. It did not happen with Premeire Pro CS 5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely work with track matte effect, never work in software only, and at times turn off HQ playback due to the age of my current machine. I've never had any issues.

I know others that at times have. There's some "engineer expected" behaviors that I'd like to see changed, but as Ann notes, it is expected that one nests for scaling with track mattes.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy: This is such a pointless discussion. Offer a solution to the question the OP has and not dragging this up everytime someone uses the effect. Who cares about CS5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a bug that might cause problems and is worth mentioning if someone is using track mattes.

Ann, you seem to mention Premiere Pro can only capture form Firewire devices when video capture is mentioned. For the record Premiere Pro can capture from non Firewire devices. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any problems either depending on if the adjustment is done to the video track or the matte layer. You also have to scale below 50%. Try replicating what I do in the video link. I can gaurantee you will find the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines