Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum session login/timeouts

Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had some changes made for session timeouts. Are people still having to constantly log-in throughout the day? Today I've managed to stay logged in without any forum activity for up to 3 hours or slightly longer. Has it improved for others? The login session should now be about 4 hours. It was supposed to be two hours previously, but for some accounts it might have been shorter.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 234 Replies 234
Mentor ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had to log in last night But am still logged in this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to get logged out after 24 hours. I sign back in and am good for another 24 hours. Weird. Still not like the old forum where I was consistently logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I managed to get logged out about 20 minutes ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too, so i restarted Firefox and i'm logged in again without doing anything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had the experience others have mentioned, where I used a bookmark to get to this forum, went to log in (I'd moved from one machine to another so was logged out) and ended up at the forum home page. Also, this thread is marked as last updated a week ago but it's at the top of the list ?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Also, this thread is marked as last updated a week ago but it's at the top of the list ?????

Yes, really odd!

The Last Post link brings you to somewhere near the beginning of this 125-message long thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Kath-H wrote:

Also, this thread is marked as last updated a week ago but it's at the top of the list ?????

Yes, really odd!

The Last Post link brings you to somewhere near the beginning of this 125-message long thread.

Yup, I had the same thing happen here ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Threaded view... reply to a particular post earlier in the sequence... etc.

I use threaded view, so it happens quite often that the last post is not at the end of the page... also, i get all replies on the same page...

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

Threaded view... reply to a particular post earlier in the sequence... etc.

I use threaded view, so it happens quite often that the last post is not at the end of the page... also, i get all replies on the same page...

JJ

Okay I am commenting only on the quoted material above, nothing else.

I don't use threaded view. And if I reply to a thread, not at the end (somewhere in midlle, toward top, top, whatever), my comment always ends at the bottom or end of thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of two hours ago, I had been logged in since about 7:00 am EST on Monday (May 4). Two hours ago, while surfing the forum, I was logged out. It took me two hours to log back in. Enter user name (e-mail) & password… wait for progress bar… wait for progress bar… wait for progress bar… wait for progress bar… get timed out. Repeat ad nauseum. Several instances of shutting down IE & clearing cookes etc. in between to see if that might be the problem. Nope. Just finally decided to let me back in.

Jive, indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The day before yesterday I closed down FF and shut down the PC; yesterday, I restarted the PC, and shut it down without going to the forums, as far as I remember.

Today, I was logged in, even during posting, after having restarted the PC.

Something is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuing from post #131: late yesterday, after still being logged in during the two shut downs and restarts with no forum activity inbetween, and after several successful postings, suddenly the Jive somethingware realized that it was wrong, and I had to log in; that was immediately after posting and other forum activities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's report:

This morning I had been logged out on both computers. On logging in, on both I got also logged to the Adobe Store. Same thing on a second login in each, after being kicked out after unmeasured periods of inactivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well after being logged in for about 10 minutes I clicked over to the Photoshop forum and discovered I was logged out again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's report:

When I swiched on my computers earler today, I found that, in both of them, I was still logged in to the forums but not to the store. Not kicked out in either so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum to my daily report of today: I got kicked out in both computers after about two hours of inactivity. After loggin in, I am welcome in both the Store and the Forum bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further addendum: logged out in about 3 hours from Vista/explorer, ages to download page and log in; but logged in my Mac and everything working normally (which means slow). And it's still not Saturday in any part of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the point has been made.

Everyone gets logged out at some time or another.

There is no pattern to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

I just signed out and in at 11:07.17 EDT

accordinding to session cookie I am due to be knocked off the air at:

Fri, 08 May 2009 15:07:17 GMT

If my math is correct and using 12 hr clock instead of  24 hour clock, I will be roughly on air for 24hrs.

Until they figure out problem, I'd suggest as soon as you read first post log out then log in again.

The check session cookie should be your current time the next day, in 24hr time based on difference between your time zone and GMT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

No pattern at all.

I got logged out and couldn't get back in for hours:

AAA-AdobeLoop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got logged out for no rhyme or reason. booted. punted. ex-logged in. weird. normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's report:

Still logged in when restarting both computers. Page with error when entering this forum in Vista/Explorer 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that my memory is not what it used to be, so I may be wrong in what I'm reporting, although I'm reasonably sure I'm not.

I used a bookmark in my Vista/Explorer 7 laptop to get into this forum, and I could swear I was not logged in. I then went to my Mac/Firefox 2 desktop to check the time of my last post and thus calculate the time from my last activity; and found that I was still logged in there. I also found that it was very nearly two and a half hours since my last post, and so I came back to my laptop to post this message. To my surprise, I found that I was now logged in!

Thinking it could have just been my imagination, I was going to forget about this and not report anything, when I remembered that strange things happen in these forums when using Explorer, many of them of a temporary nature. For example: when first going to the last message of a thread, the buttons "Go to original post" and "Reply to original post", normally on the same line, are split in two separate lines, usually with both of them inside the last message. If one does nothing for some time, the buttons go back to their normal positions by themselves. Another: some of the images in the useless TOP PARTICIPANTS box (I don't remember if it's just the avatars, just the "points" indicators, or both) appear initially as white boxes with red crosses. These change to what they should be after some time.

And therefore my question: am I imagining things, or has anyone else observed this auto relogin?  I was away from my laptop for several minutes, so if the effect exists, it may take much more than just a few seconds to happen. Perhaps someone else using Explorer is willing to wait for a couple of minutes without doing anything next time s/he comes to these forums and is logged out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

I know that my memory is not what it used to be, so I may be wrong in what I'm reporting, although I'm reasonably sure I'm not.

Ach... the poor wee old man... <sob>weep, tears, weep</sob> his memory ain't what it used to be... poor fellow... OR! Avast! He has a ghost... A pirate ghost! Pirate Loggerin thief and sustainer or whatever... actually, i give up... but hope it's working and you're having fun!

Cheers and cry 'Havoc!'

PS: The other way to look at it is that these Jive ACE forums are really jiving!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Login is still unpredictable / unreliable for me. Once in a while I am logged in for more then 8 hours without a request, and I was just logged out within 2 hours of my last visit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines