• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Delete a Post?

Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to delete this post that I created, but can't see a way to do it.

Keep InDesign Layer Visibility for Re-Imported PSD File?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Only employees may delete a post

I don't see any personal information... why do you want to delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only employees may delete a post

I don't see any personal information... why do you want to delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's your sandbox and your rules are your rules. But it shouldn't matter why someone who posts a message wants to delete it, particularly if there have been no replies or a short time (for arugument's sake, let's say an hour) has elapsed since it was posted. Although there may be some, I'm not aware of any platform on which the original poster can't delete his/her own post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work for Adobe so this is not MY sandbox... and Adobe rents the forum software from another company

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi@homeboy4,

I'm sorry if you don't agree but I see no reason for removing your post from public view. 

1. On July 2, you received multiple replies to your July 2nd question.

2. Replies came from fellow product users in various regions & time zones.

3. One reply was marked correct.

4. That's how this community forum works.

If you have a technical problem that requires immediate help, please contact Adobe support instead of the community user-to-user forums.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry

I also disagree. It is really bad of Adobe, that the original poster can't delete his/her own message!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not so sure about this.

The Adobe community Terms of Use clause 4.4 seems to suggest that users have the legal right to remove their content:

"4.4 Termination of License. You may revoke this license to your Content and terminate our rights at any time by removing your Content from the Service. Some copies of your Content may be retained as part of our routine backups, however."

Can an Adobe employee, or moderator please comment on this? It's not clear to me if this would require a user terminate their account, or how one would go about "removing their content" since there is no delete feature built into the forums.

Personally, I'm against any forum not allowing users to freely edit or delete their own posts and comments. If this is the case with this forum then I will no longer be posting here.

Thanks,

Alterius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Terms of Use have nothing to do with THESE public user-to-user forums, which is what the OP was asking about.  Once a question is posted publicly and it receives multiple replies, it remains in the Internet ether because that's how the web works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I asked how to remove the post, no replies had been posted to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea OK then can you please post a link to the relevant terms of service for THIS forum?

No, that's not "how the web works" in general. Most public forums allow users to edit and delete their own posts and comments whenever they want. Reddit, for instance (one the largest forum on the internet) allows for this easily with an edit and delete button on all of your posts and comments.

Also, I know that pages get cached and things get stored in archives like the Way Back Machine, and nobody has control over that, but that's not what we're talking about. OP didn't ask if his post could be scrubbed from every corner of the internet, just how to delete it from this forum.

Lastly, saying things like "that's how the web works" comes off as condescending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A discussion of why beginning users to this community aren't even allowed to edit their posts can be found here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/unable-to-edit-comments-in-this-forum/td-p/118551...

I don't know why it's set up to disallow deleting your own posts; all we have been told is that only Adobe employees with the proper permissions are allowed to. It might be a limitation of the Khorus software which is, as @John T Smith said, rented by Adobe from a third-party. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/adobe-support-community-guidelines/m-p/4788157

This is not other forums.  This platform is leased from a 3rd party and only Adobe employees have authority to delete posts when it violates Adobe's Support Community guidelines above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea Of course, this forum is not other forums. Of course, Adobe can make its own rules. And I understand that part of your function here is to explain and interpret Adobe's rules, not make them.

But since Adobe is huge and presumably has carefully considered every policy and procedure, it's odd -- to me at least -- that Adobe has come up with a rule that is so different from what other similar companies have in place in similar situations. Usually, big banks have similar rules, major airlines have similar rules, and large hotels have similar rules. And so I wonder if somehow the inability to delete one's post was buried in the functionality of the third party software, and no one ever noticed. In other words, maybe Adobe doesn't even realize the prohibition is there. And those who have noticed, take a "you can't fight city hall" attitude and never kick it upstairs. Or if Adobe knows and likes the rule, it's a rule that now needs a second look just as there are social movements afoot calling for an update to many rules that have been in place for decades. 

I looked at the link you provided and found this: 

4.3 Sharing Your Content.

(C) Comments. Any comments that you submit through the Services and Software are not anonymous and may be viewed by other users. Your comments may be deleted by you, by other users, or by us.

Now, you might come up with a reason why this doesn't apply. But even if it's doesn't, I hope you understand where I'm coming from -- even if you disagree -- and how odd it is for Adobe to be out of step with its colleagues by not providing a way to delete one's own post if (a short time has passed and) no responses have been added to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.3 Sharing Content and C) Comment refer to use of the Adobe subscription software & services -- i.e. Creative Cloud file storage, sharing, collaboration & commenting, so on...   

Public forum posts can't be deleted by users.  Only authorized Adobe employees have that power.

If you're so inclined, please feel free to contact Adobe Corporate in San Jose.

Adobe
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110-2704

Bye for now.  I'm outta here.

Back to the FutureBack to the Future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Services" referred to in this document are defined at the beginning and it explicitly includes discussion forums:

"These General Terms of Use (“General Terms”), along with any applicable Additional Terms (see section 1.2 (Additional Terms) below) (collectively, the “Terms”) govern your use of and access to our website, customer support, discussion forums or other interactive areas or services, and services such as Creative Cloud (collectively, the “Services”)..."

So, unless there are some other Adobe discussion forums I'm not aware of, it is the relevant document, and the "content" and "comments" it mentions do pertain to those on this forum.

Thank you for the corporate address, I will reach out to them.

In the meantime, I'm hoping another Adobe employee who is more knowledgeable about these legal aspects can come weigh in and provide some clarity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy:

Following your next steps, I contacted Adobe on August 27, 2021 regarding this matter at the address you provided. So far, I have received no acknowledgement or respoonse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also: "

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you gave is to the community guidelines, not the terms of use. It does not go into users deleting or editing their own posts and comments.

However, that page does link to the Adobe General Terms of Use which is the same document I quoted in my first comment.

It says "For more information about what you can and can’t do on our platform, check out our Terms of Use. "

So, far from having "nothing to do with" these forums, the Adobe General Terms of Use is in fact the relevant document that defines the terms of use of this forum.

Section 1.5 states that we own the content we post:
"1.5 Ownership. You (as a Business or an individual, as applicable) retain all rights and ownership of your Content. We do not claim any ownership rights to your Content."

Further, section 4.3 C says of our comments "(C) Comments. Any comments that you submit through the Services and Software are not anonymous and may be viewed by other users. Your comments may be deleted by you, by other users, or by us."

And again, seciton 4.4 from that document states the following:
"4.4 Termination of License. You may revoke this license to your Content and terminate our rights at any time by removing your Content from the Service. Some copies of your Content may be retained as part of our routine backups, however. "

So, we are legally allowed to delete our own comments though of course this forum doesn't currently have any option for us to do so.

Section 4.2 does say that Adobe has a license to use the content we post, but only in so far as to operate or improve the software/services. That allows for a bit of gray area. Still, it doesn't negate what's said in sections 1.5, 4.3 or 4.4.

TL;DR: the Adobe Terms of Use dictate the usage of this forum and they state that users own the content they post, they can remove it, and they can delete their comments. Please work with this 3rd party software provider to add a delete buttons for our own posts and comments to make this possible, or at least update the Terms of Use to be more clear and not contradictory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines