• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2008 Apr 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "There is no support for Mac."

What support do you envision needing?

Hook it up and go, that's pretty much all there is to it. If you have a convoluted network problemon Windarz or on Macthey won't really help you. That's always been the user's beast to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am accessing the forums via Comcast and it is running in Maglev (bullet train) Mode at the moment.

:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely useless right now. Over 5 minutes to get here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2008 Apr 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All has seemed completely normal for the last 15 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last couple of Days seems to be working okay. Waiting for other shoe to drop with each message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Last couple of Days seems to be working okay.

And that would possibly tell you it had nothing to do with the size of their servers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "And that would possibly tell you it had nothing to do with the size of their servers?"

Maybe they're just randomly and alternately happy, or not happy, to see us.

XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya... some logins have a slo-mo switch applied to them that they flip randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily if they dumped some files to make room. :D

It also could be there was a Bad file that maybe someone finally decided to look at and dump at WebCrossing.

I went two days last week with little problem then the next message after the exact 48 hour period ,I had to wait on.

Who knows maybe the WebCrossing folk have been monitoring this forum and decided maybe they better bring another server on board.

I don't know that, and you don't either. :D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if it's a coincidence or a geographical link, but eBay (also based in San Jose) seems to experience the hiccups at around the same times these forums do, although the slowdowns at eBay are not nearly as bad as here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2008 Apr 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I might have known! California! No wonder we been having problems! :-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It had been normal earlier today, but it just took me over 6 minutes to get to the forums, and nearly 20 seconds to open this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12 seconds to post #186.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More or less normal now, although it seems a bit erratic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you ever sleep?

You somehow manage to be the person posting whenever the server is restarted (as it was around 2:30 PST this afternoon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums_Operations wrote:
> Do you ever sleep?
>
>
Claudio is ever present with stopwatch in hand.
Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2008 Apr 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 2:30 PST should be either 5:30 or 6:30 here. Hardly a time to be asleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2008 Apr 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the first time in a long time, the forums are slow here in CED; mostly about a minute or two for every post.

Switching between forums and using time to write and post makes it work tolerably.

Edit: Quick again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 15, 2008 Apr 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erratic, mostly slow, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at least we had a couple of days where the speed was almost as fast as a "good" forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I might think that someone at Adobe was trying to make people think that this web interface was too slow, so we would all start clamoring for them to convert these forums back to the Dark side. (Or so that we wouldn't notice the slowness when they try to move us next time.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2008 Apr 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty crappy lately, I'm with Don.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very unpredictable.

This morning the Lightroom Beta 2 forum was terrible. I grow tired of watching the "contacting adobe.com" only to sometimes have the server drop the connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't any connection between these forums and the beta forums at labs.adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very funny loading all day. not ha ha kinda funny either. very jittery and always seeming to need to reconnect to adobeforums.com or waiting for adobeforums.com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines