Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove credit card

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

** I DON'T WANT ANY FORUM LINKS **

I want to remove my credit card. I have checked every single forum and howto page and nothing works. I cannot call as I can't call during their hours. I am sick and tired of this damn site taking the crap. The only thing I found is the 'Go to your My Information' and I have no idea where it is. Just tell me if you know. Show me pictures, because it is not anywhere in my Account page. I have contacted the customer support chat almost 11 times now and absolutely no help at all, not even speaking to me. It's disgusting. And I'll repeat this; DO NOT SEND ME ANY FORUM LINKS. THEY ARE USELESS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015
  1. Adobe has removed all credit card information from its network.  While we continue to retain the last four digits of your credit card which also gets converted to dummy accounts, the complete payment card information has been removed from our databases.
  2. The change happens in our data base where the last four digits of the credit card is stored which gets converted to a dummy account in due course of time.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! I can't even see the "My Information" tab. T.T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know and am sorry this is of no help to you guys, but for the sake of a chance at Adobe opening their eyes for once - I have the same problem and the whatever webpages they seem to have cooked up with profile management in 10 different ways and places, there is no My Information section as referred by Adobes own help pages. Adobe: do or die!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe opening their eyes for once?  i disagree with the "for once" part.  ever try and get microsoft to do anything helpful with office?  or make a powerful program for that matter?  Adobe is awesome.  i honestly cant think of a more amiable customer service team or a consistently better software of any kind.  geez dude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toni,

If you used a credit card to purchase a perpetual product via the Adobe Store, you can remove the credit card information from your Adobe account. See Remove credit card information from an Adobe Account.

If your credit card information is associated with a subscription, active or expired, contact us - go to the contact us page and then click the "Still need help? Contact us." button.

You may be asked to sign in. Sign in with your Adobe ID and password.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patti-F, this still doesn't work.

I had a monthly subscription that renewed automatically (against my wishes and without my authorization), when I got billed for the second month I contacted customer service to shut down my service. I log on to my account and see you STILL have all my credit card information. I just tried to have it removed with your online chat service and they don't know how to remove my credit card information, instead I get some SALES PITCH. I don't care if you delete my account, I just don't want you to have my credit card information. Deleting it is something every user should be able to do AT THEIR OWN WILL. Instead I get heavy handed sales pressure to keep my account and people telling me they have to forward my case on to delete credit card information. What kind of crap is this? I've used Adobe products for 20 years now and I think it's coming to a crashing halt because of this creative cloud nonsense. While you have decent products it's obvious you have no respect for your customers, and I'm looking for alternatives. If anyone on this forum is able to figure out how to delete their credit card information from Adobe, PLEASE CONTACT ME or POST THE FORUM!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Adobe has removed all credit card information from its network.  While we continue to retain the last four digits of your credit card which also gets converted to dummy accounts, the complete payment card information has been removed from our databases.
  2. The change happens in our data base where the last four digits of the credit card is stored which gets converted to a dummy account in due course of time.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2016 Aug 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rajashree Bhattacharya,

It seems we can only add or edit payment details. Surely there is must be a way to remove details? Yes I understand that Adobe may only have the last 4 details. Please find someone at Adobe who is willing to listen and empathize with customers who want all payment details save for the current details removed. Any advice is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A word of warning .... I asked Adobe via chat to cancel my automatic renewal and remove my credit card details from their database.  In an ambiguous reply I was told that Adobe no longer has my CC details, only the last 4 digits and the ticket was closed.  I initially thought that the agent had done something to remove the CC details so that Adobe could not longer use my card. Job done.  What I was not told was that Adobe store a secure derivative of the details (so that a 3rd party that hacks into their servers cannot charge the cards fraudulently) and that Adobe can continue to use those details to charge my card when the time for automatic renewal arrives. It was only when I realized this that I contacted them again and explicitly asked for my subscription to be deleted as per the FAQ on canceling automatic renewal.  After some back and forth about why I wanted to do this ... I have gotten to the point where I received an email from Adobe advising that the automatic renewal is deactivated.  To my knowledge Adobe still have enough CC information to charge my card again if automatic renewal somehow reactivates itself.  I had a lot of respect for Adobe but it seems to be under new management and I won't be doing business again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not store the compelete credit card information, how are you able to let your client renew or add licence without asking them to input the credit card information again ?

By phone the operator was able to add one more licence for me. I believe you store enough information for to make payment easy and fast. But you should give the possibility to client to remove any means of payment from their account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'd like to stop using the subscription due to tech issues on my Mac, and I got a sales pitch via chat support that if I don't cancel, I'll pay extra $58 ( compared to the $119 cancellation fee), and I can use it until my subscription expires. This is ridiculous, I don't want to use it, I just want to cancel. And I can't remove my CC details in my online account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed. you HAVE to allow people to remove their credit card details!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went into the Chat help section and tried to have Adobe remove my card details. I was told "Our relevant team will contact you within 2-3 business days since then work offline". which doesn't sound promising. There should be a straight forward process. I just want to remove my details from adobe stock. If you try to alter adobe stock credit card details it says it will reactivate the account which is not what I want at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

404 page not found - no surprise since adobe makes doing anything that OUGHT to be simple INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT AND NOT OBVIOUS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a six-year-old link. Try here instead: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/update-billing-information.html

I'm not sure if credit card info can be removed anymore. This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Adobe provides support through the Chat function on the contact page or through a phone call. There is no email support.

CHAT: Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. Disable any ad, pop-up, or script blockers.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

If the CSR refers you to the forums, insist on speaking with a supervisor and keep moving up the chain until you get someone who knows what they are talking about.

PHONE: You can also search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Be aware that because of the pandemic, wait times are far longer than usual due to reduced staff and higher demand. Please be patient with the people to whom you speak. Like you, they are feeling a great deal of stress. A little patience and understanding will go a long way to helping you in your particular situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well

I have the same problem.

Have now been chatting with Adobe. Total waste of time!

Then I phoned them for 2 hours being forwarded several times. No one would or could help me.

They claimed that to remove the creditcard information I should delete my account. In my terms of logic this is nonsense!

So I was again forwarded. this time to Sahil (Supervisor) who again told me it was impossible to delete the creditcard information.

Telling my story again again again and made him understand that I WANTED this information to be deleted he then told me that he would

forward my case to his agent. And he/she then would contact me through my account within 3 working days.

So now I am looking forward to talk to this agent.

Damn Adobe! Why is this an issue so hard to solve! Have now been using several hours on this simple problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please inbox me the case number so that I can get it check & let you know in which way can we help you.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your company thinks that its customers are stupid and you are above the law in Spain. I will start a campaign against Adobe in the design community because after signing up for a year as a student, you started charging me twice: €30,5 per month without telling me and assuming that I'd stay with your company for another year, "agreeing" to pay 50% of the remaining months if wanting to cancel. I agreed the first year but not the second one at a fee you never negotiated with me, I also paid 4 months without noticing the increase, so I encourage people to call their banks and prevent Adobe from charging you, by blocking the transaction from them. You don't have to use the account ever again, so in 100 years you will propably "owe" Adobe 1 million dollars if they still exist as a company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Just to inform you that Adobe only seems to have pre produced answers on stock.

"Hello,
Thank you for contacting Adobe.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
As per
 your concern we would like to inform you that we cannot remove complete credit card from the database. However we save only last 4 digits on the card and complete card number get saved in the form of token. It is encrypted and hence is full y secured.
We assure you that your data is fully secured and moreover it gets changed into dummy token after sometime
"

The handling of my issue has ben poor and disrespectful.

Adobe forces me to use another provider of photos and illustrations.

Strangely there is no problem about saved creditcardinformation at the other providers.

In my opinion Adobe should rethink the way of handling their customers issues and critical information as creditcardinfos.

Yes yes yes They save only the 4 last digits and the rest of the card is saved as a token...

But Adobe does not seem to get my problem.

I borrowed a creditcard from a college and he's card info is now saved when I try to purchase another picture. Unfortunately I accidently purchased a picture on his card. and that can not happend again. But Adobe doesn't seem to care.

WAKE UP!

Leif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE IS COMMITTING FRAUD!!!!!!!

THAT IS LIE THAT THEY REMOVE ALL CREDIT CARD DATA FROM THEIR FILES. THEY CREATED AN ACCOUNT ON MY BEHALF WITHOUT MY PERMISSION USING A FAKE E MAIL ADDRESS, THAT THEY SAY WAS A TYPO AND CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD ON THAT ACCOUNT AND I CAN'T EVEN GET ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT AND THEY WON'T SEND ME A COPY OF THE INVOICE FOR THE CHARGE. I AM REPORTING THEM FOR CREDIT CARD FRAUD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a shitty company Adobe has become. I can asure they have lost the respect for their customers, customer who have been using these products for years. Now they only care, obviously, about the money with this stupid and confusing Adobe Cloud. Now, I hope I can delete my profile, unless that cannot be done either (which wouldn't be surpricing). I just payed 300 USD  for cancelling a subscription I didn't even agreed to. I should of just got Final Cut X and actually own the product for the same $300.

Im also now looking for new alternatives. This Adobe monster has become way to powerful and careless for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! My dad wants me to take his credit card off of here, cause it keeps taking money and I got in shit for it! Because, he thought I used his credit card on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has turned into a scam. They use the terms and conditions to lock a customer’s payment method into the system. And don’t even think about canceling your subscription because they will charge you for the full price. If I knew that’s what I was agreeing to I would have never subscribed. Everyone who calls tech support and complains about cancelling their subscription automatically gets a three month free trial. It makes since why adobe had to raise their prices. It’s because so many people are unsubscribing and they have to keep giving out free/temporary subscriptions to keep their customers around a little longer. What a joke. And as soon as those free trials are concluded, they will continue to charge you until your payment term is over. Customers should not have to continue paying for a service they no longer use. As a college student, I have only used Adobe Primere a couple of times, but I won’t be using it ever again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive had the same issue, money has been taken out of my account for months.Ive tried to remove card which i also payed $50 to get removed and it took money out of my card once again the next month,Id like to CANCEL MY PLAN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines