• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat No Longer Working in Windows 10

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I commented in another Adobe Forum yesterday and haven't received one single bit of help and probably won't. The latest 'Acrobat' software in Creative Cloud is absolute junk and it's the only software that doesn't offer an older version - like one that works? I've uninstalled 5 times now, did a completely clean and fresh installation and it STILL won't work! Any PDF I select from Windows 10 File Explorer now, will no longer preview and then freezes file explorer and you have to do a shutdown. When I try to open the program, I have to Run as Administrator to get it to open but then it asks to remove it from it's security sanbox thing and then it opens and works. When I close it, I have to do it all over again but then sometimes still won't open. Won't even open when prompted through Creative Cloud dashboard. I've tried every single thing I can find online and this is simply a corrupt version. I have a new computer and it always ran fine until recently - assuming after an update. But CC doesn't even show which version it is or give any info. It just says 'Acrobat'. No longer Acrobat Pro or DC or whatever. People have reported this issue on here since 2017 so WHY IS THIS STILL NOT FIXED ADOBE??? I've lost 3 days of work to this and as a designer, I NEED to be able to access my pdfs without all of this hassle and it freezing my computer. CAN SOMEONE... ANYONE... PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS??? It's not corrupt pdf files, or a virus, or a bad install, or a file association issue, or any of the other junk answers I keep seeing online that keep being marked 'Correct Answer' but clearly still not solved. Come on Adobe... SERIOUSLY? This is killing my business right now and getting me behind on work. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET THIS RESOLVED? Thank You.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Hi,

I normally don't encounter these issues if the 32-bit version of Acrobat is manually installed not using the CC Desktop app on 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 10.

Since you are content creators, I assume that you must be signed in consistently to the Creative Cloud but I don't use it at all.

If you notice the CC Desktop app will install 64-bit programs only, and more specifically they all install  to C:\Program Files.

Conversely, if you choose to manually install the 32-bit versi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Thank you so much! I just got off the phone after 2 hours with Adobe remoting into my computer and it was resolved with the manual download of the 32bit version. I will say that compatibility mode did not work for the 64 bit version but I'm going to post here again with where I left off and got it fixed. I think you pretty much covered it though!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Hello again! So I just got off of the phone with Adobe. They remoted in and it took almost 2 hours but we finally got me up and running again with a 32 bit version. Could be that something changed or was updated in Windows 10 recently and caused the 64 bit version to no longer respond properly.

Here's what got me out of the woods...

When you install Acrobat directly from Adobe Creative Cloud dashboard, it doesn't give you any options and just installs what it installs which was 64 bit Acrobat. T

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 11, same problem, one and a half years later!  Does Adobe have a death wish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines