• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open pdf, shows "0" bytes, have used for the last 2 years

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf document that I have been using for the past 2 years that suddenly is showing "0"bytes", when trying to open the document, I get a message stating, could not open because it is not a supported file or the file has been damaged.  I am currently still using Windows 8.  I can ope up Reader and still see the document in a small "tile" but it will not open.  Is there any solution for this, a way to recover the file?  Does Adobe have anyone that can do a "remote" session (don't mind paying for it).

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Hi Jays,

As the PDF shows as "0" bytes, it means the file is empty.

It seems that the file has been damaged.

Sorry to say it is not possible to recover the file once it is damaged.

Please check if you have saved the copy of that file to some other location.

Adobe Reader is a free software that helps with viewing, printing, singing or annotating PDFs.

As you say you can see it in a small tile in Reader, are you referring to the Recent list of the documents?

What is the size of the PDF shows there? If i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jays,

As the PDF shows as "0" bytes, it means the file is empty.

It seems that the file has been damaged.

Sorry to say it is not possible to recover the file once it is damaged.

Please check if you have saved the copy of that file to some other location.

Adobe Reader is a free software that helps with viewing, printing, singing or annotating PDFs.

As you say you can see it in a small tile in Reader, are you referring to the Recent list of the documents?

What is the size of the PDF shows there? If it is "0" KB, you will not be able to open it.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same thing.  My pdf files for 2020, and 2021 show zero KB.  How can this happen?  I understand what it means but what did Adobe do to cause this to happen?  I saved my documents in Microsoft Cloud and the very same documents show zero KB.  It could not have happened by chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with 0kb. and my file was also from 2020 and 2021 how is that possible and its very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be a issue of Microsoft Cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

1. I have the same problem with my  pdf documents. One  day before I opened in my laptop but yesterday night when I was trying to open it pdf reader tell me that File can't be open or file has  been domaged. And all the size change to 0kb. Thank any help how to recover may be helpful  because It is my boss documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to get them back from the backups you take. Also this may mean the disk is failing, have it checked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's mean no way to recover it. 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines