• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invaliv plugin detected whene starging AdobeDC from Outlook in VDI with AppVolumes

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Enviroment
Windows 10 20h2 - VDI device Vmware Horizon
Outlook 2019 - Part of Image
AdobeReader DC 2020.012.20048 - Stored inside AppVolume

Behaviour:
Starting attached PDF file from Outlook mail, cause that Adobe is Crashing with error Invalid Plugin Detected.
Starting any PDF file from any location works fine.

At the moment I found where problem can be located. Somehow  when AdobeDC i started from Outlook, make problems for plugins, they are not Cetrified.
When Adobe run standalone Plugins are Certified.

So far we don't know what can cause such solution, because any PDF file opened from any location %TEMP%, shared location, works fine.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

We have this exact same problem, running virtually the same environment as you, did you end up finding a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunelty, we didn't find solution of this issue.. We decided to push AdobeDC to image and  this "fix" problem, but it's not solution that I wanted to have.
We moving now to AppVolumes 4.x,so we gone take look on that problem again if it will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I see, we are moving to app vol 4 next week so will likely do some further testing on this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe start Reader first? I saw a report from someone who found strange (different) failures in Acrobat Reader when it was started from Outlook and Outlook had non-default compatibility settings. This caused Reader to be started with wrong compatibility settings, and failure followed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We try that one.
If Reader was running, then all plugins are validated, and you can easly open PDF from Outlook, but only if Adobe is started before. So this is not a user friendly solution.
We can fix this also by disabling AppContainter inside Adobe, but it's also not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines