• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Mobile Beta] You cannot use the eraser if you cannot see the image

Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are we supposed to use the eraser option when you cannot see the image to use the eraser option? In the topics, there are no topics for user interface or design tools not working correctly. It’s all about AI. It’s all about performance and it’s all about scheduling.
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
iOS , Mobile Beta , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Disenoideas 

Prior to entering the Erase tool, did you perhaps have the canvas zoomed in by a bit? As a general rule, opening any panel is supposed to rescale the canvas to fit. However, if the canvas was explicitly zoomed in by the user, we leave it as is. There is obviously room to improve this heuristic. For now, you can manually pinch to zoom the canvas back in so the image is fully visible.

Also, your previous post related to the size of the panel itself (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-express-discussions/mobile-beta-restore-image-or-part-of-an-ima...) makes this worse. I did pass this feedback on to designers on this feature.

Finally, we are looking to revise the list of Topics on this forum

Thanks

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello No i did not have the project zoomed in.

I have been using the existing app and the new app since it was started.  Just to give you a heads up.

It was a new project and made with a custom size of an A3, 30 x 42 cm as it is still not available to have print sizes.

It was not zoomed in and as you might see if you have the image, the tools pop up takes over 70% of the design screen, The old app did not do this.

No can not pinch zoom, as it moves the multiple layers of the design. Tried and tried.

How can 70% of the screen be taken up with the editing tools, you can not get to see the actual image you are trying to work on.

Big thanks and hope some tests can be made to get this working.. Thanks again.

IMG_6804.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Disenoideas

We've been unable to replicate either issue this internally.

If the canvas was not zoomed in before bringing up the Erase panel, I would've expected to see some gray padding on either side of the image (see area marked with pink squiggles)

IMG_3516.jpg

Also, pinch + zoom does work for me on my iPhone as you can see:

https://new.express.adobe.com/published/urn:aaid:sc:US:13064c1c-0434-454f-ae1a-8c2005dfa203?promoid=...

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think i am lying to you or created this issue for no reason?

This has happened several times.

Maybe its due to the fact that i created a template that was not in the basic template sizes that are available?

Since the print sizes have never been re added back to the app, it maybe due to this.

I created a temple size A3, 30 x 42 cm Maybe this is the reason that it does not work as it does not have the gray padding either side, as would, Oh lets say as typical social media template. for instagram. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Disenoideas 

My response was simply to keep you (and others following this thread) informed of the team's status in trying to replicate the issue you reported. I also sent you a private message on Discord for follow up immediately after posting this here.

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate