• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Maintaining a scene or character across different prompts

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I wanted to storyboard a script and produce different angles of the same thing. It would be nice to have something that holds on to the core look and objects within the frame so we can get a wide, medium , and close shot of the same scene.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Design , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
96 Comments
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if there's a process where before putting a character into any scene, you first establish the character. Example: a full body shot of a fit caucasian (or the ethnicity of your choice) male with brown hair, blue eyes and a trimmed beard and mustache facing the camera) Once you dial your character in to your liking, you have the ability to name your charater (let's say John). Now the app knows that anytime you say John, it uses the characteristics of the character named "John." Now you can prompt: Medium shot of John in a business giving a presentation in an event hall. These characters would probably need to be tied to your personal login but maybe they could also have a character data base where established characters could be shared. Thoughts?

R.Cates
CSI Productions
If you want peace, be peaceful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love this idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same technique I suggested for consistent characters could be used for scenes. Establish a wide shot with everything you need for the scene, name the scene and then various camera angles and zoom levels would maintain that.

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To storyboard a script and produce different angles of the same scene while maintaining consistency in the core look and objects within the frame, you can follow these steps:

1. Establish Core Elements: Identify the key elements within the scene that need to remain consistent across different angles. This could include important props, characters, or focal points.

2. Create Initial Sketch: Begin by sketching out the scene from a wide-angle perspective. This sketch should capture the overall composition and placement of the core elements within the frame.

3. Storyboard Variations: Once the wide-angle sketch is complete, create additional sketches for medium and close-up shots of the same scene. Focus on maintaining consistency in the placement and proportions of the core elements while adjusting the framing and perspective to suit each shot.

4. Use Reference Points: To ensure consistency across different angles, use reference points or guidelines to guide the placement of core elements in each shot. This could include using the rule of thirds, aligning objects with imaginary lines, or referencing key landmarks within the scene.

5. Annotation and Notes: Add annotations or notes to each storyboard frame to describe the desired camera angles, framing, and any specific instructions for the shot. This will help communicate your vision to the production team and ensure that everyone is aligned on the desired outcome.

6. Review and Refinement: Review each storyboard frame to ensure that the core look and objects within the frame remain consistent across different angles. Make any necessary adjustments or refinements to the sketches to enhance clarity and coherence.

7. Finalize Storyboard: Once all storyboard frames are complete and reviewed, finalize the storyboard by compiling the sketches into a cohesive sequence. This will serve as a visual guide for the production team during filming or animation, helping to ensure consistency and continuity throughout the scene.

By following these steps and incorporating reference points and annotations, you can effectively storyboard a script and produce different angles of the same scene while maintaining consistency in the core look and objects within the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of us are solo teams, and need help. What's the point of AI if it can't fill in the gaps and assist whenever needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of us are solo teams, and need help. What's the point of AI if it can't fill in the gaps and assist whenever needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes i want to do a how-to instructional and want the same person each time, it would be nice if there was such an option, especially if it could be kept for future visits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look back in this string you'll find this has been a request for sometime. I recently spoke with some of the Adobe people and they are working on it. I saw another software that allows you to create a character. When you get what you like, you save it. Then, in the next prompt you add the saved name to the beginning of the prompt and the software understands you want the same character in the new scene.

I wish Adobe would remove what is listed as "Correct Answer." If it were, people wouldn't keep bringing this up.

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an employee???

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenas, consulto si alguien sabe como mantener un personaje al crear diferentes imagenes y por otro lado si es posible elegir de forma externa un objeto para aplicar en una imagen. Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try a stylistic reference, but it will still need a lot of luck to get even 2 similar results.

As for the object: do you refer to a structure reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your answer, I use the structure reference, but sometimes I need to add some objects and I can't find the right one... for example it was impossible to find a mini journalist recorder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every render from Firefly is unique. This makes creating a series of images with consistent characters or items impossible. I would like the ability to select an object or character in a generated image and "lock" it. Then I could create a new generation/render but keep the character. This way a could do a series of renders but keep the same character. For example I could render a person playing baseball, going for a walk, and cooking a meal AND keep the same person through out each render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I create a persona, isn't it possible to make her do other poses while maintaining exactly the same physical appearance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this stage, every new Firefly image creation is relatively unique. You can use a reference image and have similar prompts but you can't guarantee what you're asking for - having the same character across multiple images but in different poses. Maybe something we'll see in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seria muy bueno que una vez generado personajes, en dibujos proximos se pueda hacer que dibuje los mismos personajes. Es muy frustrante cuando se dan las mismas indicaciones e incluso se sube una imagen de referencia que no respete. Por ejemplo para un story board seria muy util. slds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adopt the format with seed to be able to generate the same person in different situations, poses or clothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purpose that Adobe make it easier to duplicate a character in different poses to be used again and again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a common theme amongst AI image generators. They just can't seem to visually keep the same character and put them in different situations and image reference doesn't work.
Human beings are so tuned to recognising minute differences in faces that even the slightest deviation, regardless of light, angle and a myriad of other factors, results in an entirely different individual visually.
It's going to take some serious work by AI engineers to develop a cure for this problem.
until then we have to rely on illustrators and artists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elizabeth,

It sounds like you have some programming experience. If what you say is true, wouldn't it have been easier for UKW to just say that from the beginning. Don't some of the best ideas come from a collaboration of other ideas presented by multiple minds? Wouldn't the ideas of a half million creative thinkers help programmers solve the issue?

It's better (IMO) than stringing us along thinking they're working on a solution and it should be available soon. For instance. the way "I" think is:

AI image generation has amazing 3D animation abilities as well as 2D. To build a 3D charater you need a front, side and top view. So use this same theory in 2D by establishing your charcter as you would in 3D, by submitting images of the front, top and side view of your character. Once input into the AI software, shouldn't it be able to analyze those frames, establish a three dimensional "model," position the expression, head angle, facial expression the way it would in 3D but output it in the 2D parameters you've set for your image?

It may be a work around but this is just "my" take on it. I'm sure programmers could get ideas from others who really want and need this feature but also want to offer their input to solve this challenge.

Thoughts?

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No offense guy but this sounds like an AI step by step on how to draw traditional storyboards not something applicable to keeping consistent characters across a series of storyboard frames. Doesn't really apply to helping others have the same character with different facial expressions, clothing, hair styles or a variety of scenarios using the same character. Just an observation.

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate