• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to be able to remove watermark. Users owns responsiblity for legality right to the image.

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Hi @Richard SolisV, the point of the watermark is because Adobe Firefly is for non-commercial use only while in Beta.

Removing a watermark from any image is considered a breach of copyright and/or license terms. According to the US Copyright Act, section 1202, removing a watermark without the owner’s permission is illegal. Hope that's helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Hello,

as of right now Firefly is in the beta Phase. After the beta is over, there will be no watermark. For more informations please have also a look at https://firefly.adobe.com/faq
Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Thanks for suggesting! We’ll share with our design team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Thank you for the feedback. That watermark is only for images created in the beta. We’ll share more information on this after Firefly is out of the beta phase

Votes

Translate

Translate
32 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly is awesome. I'd love to see the required watermarks go away as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. That watermark is only for images created in the beta. We’ll share more information on this after Firefly is out of the beta phase

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading the watermark at the bottom left is displayed as follows:

Adobe Firebly (Beta)
Image Not for Commercial Use

This watermark is so prominent/loud that it is making the image almost unusable for sharing.

A small icon can make it usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the watermark is there to show that Firefly is in beta for now. When the beta phase is over that will be maybe not there anymore. Also, it is totally usable, and it only shows that you are using the Firefly beta. I use it on Instagram and Behance on a daily basis and it works fine. Hope it helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To emphasis that it is beta, perhaps Greek beta β may beautify its usability. Bing uses b which looks quite silent. Currently two lines are used in Firefly download which look too loud.

"Adobe Firebly (Beta)
Image Not for Commercial Use"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for suggesting! We’ll share with our design team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the request. I'm using the tools so far just to modify photos I already have, but I don't want the watermark in my finished photo. It doesn't matter to me if this tooling is in beta or not, I can't use it to get the finished photo I'm trying to get if it adds a watermark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this request. I'm using the tools so far just to modify photos I already have, but I don't want the watermark in my finished photo. It doesn't matter to me if this tooling is in beta or not, the watermark ruins the photo. Please give me an option to remove the watermark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven;t used Firefly since it was first released, because with mandatory watermarks, what is the point? And why has the beta period lasted nearly three months?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

as of right now Firefly is in the beta Phase. After the beta is over, there will be no watermark. For more informations please have also a look at https://firefly.adobe.com/faq
Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the point of putting watermark, we obviosuly will work around that.

at work we produce online classes, we want to change the background removing and adding furniture with Firefly, we have to get rid of the watermark in order to publish for our student body via youtube, (also if youtube sees the adobe logo, it will shut down our private channel)

i mean, what is the difference between ai images and some adobe stock footage that doesnt have watermark?

thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Richard SolisV, the point of the watermark is because Adobe Firefly is for non-commercial use only while in Beta.

Removing a watermark from any image is considered a breach of copyright and/or license terms. According to the US Copyright Act, section 1202, removing a watermark without the owner’s permission is illegal. Hope that's helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, didnt notice that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome! During the Beta, you can share Firefly-generated images, but only with the watermark, on your personal social media sites, in tutorials, and on your portfolio pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can i use photo generated Firefly without watermark ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why are you asking this in the Acrobat forum? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[MOVED TO THE FIREFLY DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vitalya30779741b5i7 

No, you cannot use Firefly without the watermark. Right now it is in beta and cannot be used in production. When it is out out beta, the watermark will not be added.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello sir /ma'am

i want say that the when  the image is edited in beta the watermark spread in all over the image ..and thats image not usefull fou us ..so use watermark in a small part of the pic rather then the whole pic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly is for personal use only while it is in beta and bugs are still being found. The watermark will be removed when there is a public release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! adobe firefly(beta)

1. please don't add logo to the download photo.because when we edit photo by this software.every body knows that we edit the by AI.after then they not paying for that picture.
  2. please launch an application of this software for free.we will be able to get inter easily and edit something.thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unintelligent to have such a prominent 'watermark'. People are mostly likely to remove it. If yours is like that of Bing Image Creator, people are much more likely to leave it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification.

I am very much interested to see this product come out of beta and understand what kind of prices Adobe is planning to charge for the service. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate an image, there might be something important in the bottom left corner that is covered up by the notice that commercial use is not covered for the beta program. I would like to request a way to see everything in the image without covering anything up. The ability to see the whole image would be valuable if everything in the image is important. The commercial use part could be added as metadata to the file. The image could be used with the fair use doctrine.

In one of these images there was a strawberry in the lower bottom left corner that is now covered up. The prompt was "A cube-shaped yellow cake with pink strawberry frosting with wavy drizzles with fresh strawberries on top on a white plate".

Firefly A cube-shaped yellow cake with pink strawberry frosting with wavy drizzles with fresh strawberry (3).jpgFirefly A cube-shaped yellow cake with pink strawberry frosting with wavy drizzles with fresh strawb (2).jpgFirefly A cube-shaped yellow cake with pink strawberry frosting with wavy drizzles with fresh strawb.jpgFirefly A cube-shaped yellow cake with pink strawberry frosting with wavy drizzles with fresh strawb (1).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this. It's way too big. I am paying for a subscription and stuff. At least, we should have an option to remove or at least get a smaller water mark. Like a semi transparent. 

I understand it's beta and all. Still though. It's too, too, way too big. 

Jay.

Votes

Translate

Translate