• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects not letting me open a compositon after update.

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, like the Subject says, I don't really know what to do now, is there any way at all to go back or to transfer it? I'm new to the app, and sorry for the bothering if there's someone that can help me.

I was on version 23.3 I think. 

This is an important exam so that is why is important. Ignoring the relevance fo the comment.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Compositing and VFX , Crash , Import and export , Troubleshooting , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

The error message says your project was created in After Effects version 23.4, and the version you are running is older so it cannot be opened.

Update your version of After Effects to the current version (23.4) and you should have no problems.

Also check to see if you have multiple versions of AE installed.  Perhaps you are running an older version but have the current version installed already?

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe After Effects 2022 - C__Users_haile_Desktop_Colegio Claret_Examen de Informatica 1-Laudato Si.aep 06_02_2023 2_39_43 p. m..pngHere's an image fo the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message says your project was created in After Effects version 23.4, and the version you are running is older so it cannot be opened.

Update your version of After Effects to the current version (23.4) and you should have no problems.

Also check to see if you have multiple versions of AE installed.  Perhaps you are running an older version but have the current version installed already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey, thank you for the reply and sorry for taking your time, I already
started it again so I may delete this once I’m with the project. Other
than that, sorry for taking your time again, and thank you.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate