• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Bug] Crash on autosave

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue - Sometimes I will be in the middle of moving a layer along the timeline when After Effects decides to auto save. If I am still holding/dragging the layer when the autosave occurs, After Effects will crash. 
  • Adobe After Effects version number - 23.3.0
  • Operating system - MacOS Ventura 13.5
  • Steps to reproduce - Tough to reproduce without being able to trigger an autosave, but supposing you can, simply drag a layer in the timeline when the autosave occurs.
  • Expected result - After Effects should not autosave while the layer is being moved so it won't crash.
  • Actual result -  Crash
TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have have experienced crashing on Autosave.

For the past year-ish After Effects has been crashing to Blue Screen of Death (I'm running a PC.)
Only After Effects crashes.  3DS Max, Substance Painter, Premiere, Avid, Topaz, Affinity, Agisoft and Unity do not crash on my system, and they're all being used more than After Effects on bigger datasets.

This week I'm back inside After Effects, suffering the crashes when I noticed my crashing period coincides with the period selected for Autosave.  Autosave was set to 20 minutes, so I reset the Autosave period to 5 minutes.  Sure enough, after five more minutes of After Effects I experienced the crash again.

Now, Adobe representatives are quick to blame people's potato PCs, so I'll present my specifications:-
Threadripper Pro 3975WX
256 GB RAM

nVidia RTX A6000
7 x 1TB nvme M.2 drives:-
C: System = 1TB
P: Projects = 1TB
R: Renders = 1TB
V: Video = 1TB
W: Video 2 = 1TB
X: Cache = 1TB

My After Effects project is on the P: drive.
Video Files are on V: and W:
Cache is set to X:
I export to R:

RAM has been checked, it took nearly a week to run through that amount of memory.
Drives are nowhere near full, less than half each is used.  I tend to only have a single project on my PC at a time.  The rest are stored on the network.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OBVIOSULY I'm clearing the cache and resetting preferences each time, so don't suggest that, please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probaly the latest version of After Effects, but it's been happening for a year on many different projects.  I don't do the software updates, it's all automatic from Adobe.

Simon.
Is it STILL broken?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's right, "After Effects should not autosave while the layer is being moved".

Are you getting this issue in the latest version of After Effects (24.3)?

Let us know. I am moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for now.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines