• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted characters in 3D text layer

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I work in localization and my team noticed that AE is not able to render some extended-latin or hindi characters when there is a 3D animation on a text layer. Some characters appear kinda corrupted, only thing that helped so far is to convert the text to shape, sometimes change the font. However, we are obliged to follow brand rules, therefore we can't change the font for final output, and we would like to maintain text editability for future updates. Any chance this visual bug can be fixed? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Oh, corrupt is probably not quite the right word here - I have been chasing after scrambled glyph problems for a while and those really are corrupt!

I can make a guess though - the text composer is combining two separate glyphs to make what looks to be a single glyph, but the 3D affect exposes that in a way that 2D does not.

Choosing a different font presumably works better if that font actually has a single glyph defined for those code points. And converting to shape does in effect the same thing because it combines two things into a single path.

If you are using an Adobe Font, can you please post its name here and a little paragraph of text from your samples - I am curious.

Not sure what we might do about it - everything is working as expected after all, but the 3D aspects throws a new wrinkle into what worked in a 2D world.

Thanks for reporting this.

Douglas Waterfall

After Effects Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines