Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see Illustrator Layer contents in After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am importing an Illustrator file to After Effects 2023 selecting Composition - Retain Layer Sizes however when I import the file all of my layers appear blank. I've ensured everything is in a top level layer like this tutorial says https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvTh49rXRRs and ensured "Create PDF Compatible File" is selected when saving my Illustrator file. I've double checked there is only a single artboard and my Illustrator file is set to RGB, is 72 dpi, and Caps Lock is off so I'm not sure what's causing my file to import like this.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 2.28.57 PM.png

Thanks,

Joseph

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Figured it out, a sneaky 2nd artboard with no content I though I had removed was still in the project and after removing that it imports fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us the layer structure in Illustrator. Make sure that the AI file is RGB and Acrobat Compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out, a sneaky 2nd artboard with no content I though I had removed was still in the project and after removing that it imports fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines