• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VR IMAGE STITCHING

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a 360 degrees image with Blockade Labs and I've edited it on AE through the VR Comp Editor. Then I exported it as monoscope and uploaded on Youtube. Unfortunately when I play the 360° video on Youtube a vertical line, which is the image stitching (I suppose), appears in the middle of the frame. It is strange because there isn't any line during the editign process and I can rotate 360° image whithout seeing the stiching. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

non-pixel-uniform image editing of a 360° image will cause this editing border edge. if you use exposure, brightness, contrast, etc. all pixels will be treated exactly equally. edits using shadows, highlights, etc. are dependent on neighbor pixels and cause this edge on the 0°/360° border. you should use a strictly 360° aware image editing workflow. e.g. for stills, LR isn't 360° aware, while the camera raw app is and the camera raw filter in PS isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's simply a bug, regardless of the longwinded explanation. The VR tools are a desert of neglect and just don't work correctly anymore.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really thank you for your reply. I noticed though, that the same image edited in Premiere with the VR tool doesn't give this problem. It seems like the Vr comp editor in AE over squeezes the image on itself. On the contrary, Premiere perfectly stitchs edges together and the separation line disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you still having the issue? Let us know.

I am moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for now.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines