Exit

1080i/50, 16:9 silly question, hopfully simple answer

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asked to provide a motion graphic to the follow specification:
1080i/50, 16:9
What framerate should I use when creating my composition and is there anything I need to specifically do when rendering the video?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this specification is to render video for TV.

1080i 16:9 — just use preset HDTV 1080 25 (1920x1080 px, 25 fps).
BUT when render, open render settings and change Fields option in Video section: choose Upper First.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Massive apologies in missing this response after you took the time to answer my question. I appreciate your time.

So this is a pretty standard request and I shouldn't be overly concerned with producing something to this specification? Everything i've done to date has been for online usage so whilst i've created it HD i've never been supplied with a delivery spec before.

I was concerned I was entering into some complex blurring, interlacing territory and was going to trip up...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry just following on from this, you say set up at 25 fps. Does exporting it with fields set to upper first give you a 50 fps file as requested or do I also need to give a custom frame rate of 50 FPS?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines