• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

180 degree VR in After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that I could make 360 degree VR videos in After Effects. But how could I make 180 degree VR videos? Have missed something?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There doesn't seem to be an official way of creating VR180 videos in After Effects. But there is a bit of a hack that can sort of do it. You just create a Composition with a Camera and set the Field of View of that camera to 180 degrees. Then you do all your animations and camera moves in that Composition. Once you are done, duplicate that Composition, open up the duplicaet Comp, and move that Camera a few pixels to the right - you will have to guess how much to move it...whatever feels like the distance between two eyes. (this is your Right eye view) To render out the final VR180, take both Comps and drag them both into a new Comp. Change their horizontal scale to 50% and place the original comp on the Left and the duplicated comp on the Right. You now have a left/right side by side 180 spherical video. 

I've tested the above method and it does work as a VR180, but if all your layers are flat layers in a 2.5D scene, when you look up and down and to the sides, you will be able to see the edges of the layers unless you make them super big of some how obscure the edges from view. I know newer versions of AE support importing 3D models too which should look much nicer. And 3D particle plugins such as Trapcode Particular works with this above method to create VR particles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines