• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Views Horizontal/Vertical screen split options missing in "Select View Layout" in AE 2021

Participant ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a bug or UX/UI team has nothing better to do than remove useful features?

Please bring it back, it's very helpful when working on a multiscreen video.

thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The options reappear when you have a camera or 3D layer in the comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I'm talking about options of tiling 2 camera view windows vertically and horizontally in a viewer, as it was possible before but seems to be removed now:

2016.png

2021.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, this one shouldn't be removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something?

Is there a switch for old options I managed to turn off somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly no, Adobe shouldn't remove those view options as they were really useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dude why is this option gone. so silly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't. I have two camera layers - 1 node and 2 node - and the 2 View Horizontal option is nowhere to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As ShiveringCactus said, but the fastest way is to right-click on an empty area in the Composition view and choose: Switch View Layout > 1 View. Using this you don't have to create a camera or to have a 3D layer (even you don't have to have layers)

switch view.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: right now I'm stocking 2 viewers vertically but losing vertical real estate to a second ribbon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update really messed my workflow as I heavily relied on the 2 views vertical for my 3D control. I use my main monitor for the project, effects and viewer and my secondary monitor just for the timeline and effect controls. Now I'm stuck with two little views side to side with massive ribboms of unused space on the top and bottom on my main monitor. Even arranging the panels in a somehow close but lacking functionality has taken too many time. 

Do you know if there's a way of restoring this really useful tool? I know perhaps it's not as used as the 2 views horizontal, but it's a gamechanger when you are using 2 monitors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than brigading Adobe to let the current UX/UI team go due to malicious incompetence? Not sure.

No one really cares about this forum, people have been asking for improvements for years and all mods do is direct you to 5-year old feature request threads that have hunderds of upvotes and comments.

[grumpy face emoji]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading that thread, I don't know if I should laugh or cry. This is by no means a cheap software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding that my workflow is also negatively impacted by this update...

Hello? Adobe? Maybe actually ask your users what they want once in a while? Just an idea..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a required feature, don't most people edit in a horizontal widescreen aspect? Why only proveide a vertical split screen now? Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word is "berating," not "begrading."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Agree. Adobe's forum is a dead end. It is hard to understand whi the Ui team is working so hard to remove what was OK (I also just found that in AE 2023 some shortcuts do now wok anymore, although are properly configured: Fit 2 100%, Create composition marker 1/2/3...),

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't have been removed, but I've found an alternative. Split view and change its camera to top. You can just click on the viewport and press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+N to split. Hope this helps somehow! At least it did for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, now this worked, but it's still a lot of extra work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Presence of Mind. Nice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add two views. Right click > Switch 3D View > Top (etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not what we're talking here about but thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines