Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D camera not exporting to Cinema 4D

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When I track a scene in AE, create a Camera and text I want to export to Cinema 4D lite. The camera data doesn't export. There's no key frames in C4D, no movement. I've seen a few in here having the same problem, but no solution yet. Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working fine at my end. What's the version of After Effects you're using? Are you using Cinema 4D Lite, which ships with After Effects, or did you do a separate install? Are you able to able to reproduce it in a new project?

Let us know. Moving the threads from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu

Im using the newest version (complete new install on new computer) with Cinema 4D lite that comes with AE. But I had the exact same issue on my old machine. Thought it might be a hardware issue or something on the old machine.

Here's my work flow.

• 3D track in AE.
  • Create text and camera in AE
  • Export to C4D file from AE
  • Import C4D file back into AE
  • Open C4D file ctrl+E in AE

The file opens fine in Cinema 4D, the text is there, there's a camera from AE, but no movement, no key frames or anything else.

If I extruded the text and go back to AE, the text will usually not be in the right place anymore, but the text still tracked more or less according to the 3D camera solve. Just not in the right place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if you already know this.

When you open the C4D files the application often jumps to using the default scene camera in C4D.

You have to make sure the perspective view is set to use the camera exported from the AE scene. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and there's a camera from AE, there's just no movement, and the placement is nothing like it was in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pt_AEtoC4D:
These scripts export data from After Effects to Cinema 4D. AEtoC4D exports AE cameras, nulls with the position and rotation of other layers, the comp frame rate, duration and start frame. Requires AE 7.0 and C4D R9.6, or greater.

https://aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?t=653

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Its a 17 year old script. Dont know if it will work. And Cinema 4D is now intergrated in AE. Or should be in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines