Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Camera Tracker possible error during Resolving Camera

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I am using After Effects 2022 at work to edit some 3D videos I´ve rendered, to add some info (you know, the typical texts pointing at sites or objects).

My issue is coming whe I use the 3D Camera Tracker it does the first part pretty well (like in 20 minutes it has ended) but whe it enters in the next phase "Resolving Camera" its like it took sooo much time to resolve it (like it started like two hours ago and still Resolving the camera). 

At firts I thought that Ae has crashed and was not responding because I was not seeing any progress in the editor, but then I opened the task manager and it looked like it was really still resolving the camera (the CPU % of usage was changing continiously, so it made me think it was really still resolving the camera) 

Anyone has experienced something similar? Any advice about this? 

Thanks in advantage for the guidence or help and sorry if I´m expressing myself wrong, english its not my native language.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long is your shot? What kind of scene are you analyzing? Not every shot will successfully track. You need a fair amount of fixed geometry in the shot. Pan shots will not return depth data. Without shot details or at least an explanation of the shot, you are trying to track it is pretty difficult to diagnose your problem. As a frame of reference, my typical camera-tracked shot is seven seconds or less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

The scene i am rendering its like simulating a drone flying following a high voltage line that would be installed, I did something similar some months ago but it is true that the other video that I tracked was pretty higher and was taking a more vertical shot to the ground so it probably could track it better...

My actual clip is probably having a bad tracking due to the camera shot is looking closer to the horizon line and is also closre to the gorund so may be there it would not be enough "plane" to detect...

So I will put my graphics direcdtly into the 3D and render it...

What I don´t understand it´s the time of the clip, the first time I used it was in a 4 min videoand got no problems due to the duration (only to the time related ones but nothing similar to what I am having now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! keeping in mind the clip duration as you mentioned I have opted for in Premiere make small clips out of the footage only in the parts that I need to show info and now its working fine! 🙂

Just posting it to thank you for the advice and if may someone is running in the same problem here will have a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds liek a clunky workflow. If you do 3D renderings, most people would simply export the 3D data to AE. There are scripts to that effect in most programs. That aside, as Rick already pointed out we would need to at least see a reference frame and have more info about your 3D work as well as your track settings. You could simply be using a unsuitable combination or your camera is odd. That and of course the tracker even taking 20 minutes to palce ther points could indicate that your project is simply way too long to sensibly track it, at least in AE. You would hit all kinds of limits in such a scenario and eventually simply run out of memory.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why I did not export my 3D data to Ae was that I am not able to do this because I have to use Lumion and as far as I know I can´t do that from Lumion, so as I replied in the previous comment I wil include my graphics directly in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines