Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D layers won't display correctly After effects bug

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running the latest AE 17.7 on my MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019). Everytime I try to switch on the 3D visualization in my composition all the front layers disappear and the back layers show errors and won't display as they are.

I've had this issue before also in version 17.5, basically I can't work with 3D layers and 3D camera at all!

Has anyone experiencing the same problem?

Thanks

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 12.59.46.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Cropped screenshots that do not show us the problem layers and their modified properties are useless in diagnosing problems. I can make a guess or two. 

• Your layers may be in the same 3D plane
  • You could be using the C4D rendering engine
  • You could be looking at something other than the Active Camera view

The way I would start troubleshooting the problem is to open up at least 2 views and check the position of the layers relative to the Active Camera view. Active Camera is the only view that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your all workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropped screenshots that do not show us the problem layers and their modified properties are useless in diagnosing problems. I can make a guess or two. 

• Your layers may be in the same 3D plane
  • You could be using the C4D rendering engine
  • You could be looking at something other than the Active Camera view

The way I would start troubleshooting the problem is to open up at least 2 views and check the position of the layers relative to the Active Camera view. Active Camera is the only view that you can render and all of your decisions about framing, timing, and effects should be made using that view. Top, Front, and Left or Right side views are extremely helpful for organizing your 3D world. I never work in 3D without consulting these layers. The C4D rendering engine is slow, removes the ability to add effects, blend modes, and a bunch of other things to 3D layers, and should only be used if there is no other way to get the design you want to get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick! I had the cd4 render engine turned on, switching back to classic instantly made everything work again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines