• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Absolutely can not change 3D renderer to Cinema 4D

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Cinema 4D add-on installed. I see it in the drop down menu, but even when I click on it, the menu just closes and the renderer is still Classic 3D.

If I hover over the menu, I can even mouse-wheel it to change to Cinema 4D, but after half a second it just switches back to Classic. Pretty maddening stuff, as I need C4D right now. I even tried hitting enter immediately after mouse-wheeling it, but it didn't take.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

I had C4D installed, but it would not work in any fashion. Turns out it may have been a corrupted install or something similar. Installing from Maxon's homepage helped and now it seems to be running normally again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Hi @EditingBear,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Sorry to hear that you're having problems.

What version of After Effects are you using? Is this on Mac or Windows, and which OS version?

Are you able to change the renderer in Composition Settings > 3D Renderer? If this also fails, what happens when you try changing this?

What version of Cinema 4D is installed? After Effects will install a version of Cinema 4D, although this can optionally be declined. If there is no version of Cinema

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @EditingBear,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Sorry to hear that you're having problems.

What version of After Effects are you using? Is this on Mac or Windows, and which OS version?

Are you able to change the renderer in Composition Settings > 3D Renderer? If this also fails, what happens when you try changing this?

What version of Cinema 4D is installed? After Effects will install a version of Cinema 4D, although this can optionally be declined. If there is no version of Cinema 4D installed, try reinstalling After Effects 2023, and allow it to install Cinema 4D 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently having the same issue.  Reinstalled AE to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @EditingBear,

Thanks for reporting this issue. In addition to @TimKurkoski's questions, would you mind answering the following:

1. Where is C4D installed?
  2. What CPU is in your machine? Is it at least of the Sandy Bridge (Core ix-2y00) generation or later?  

Thanks again for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you reply.

I use AE CC23, Windows 10 Pro.

That settings menu is exactly where it can not be changed. Is there another menu where it could be attempted? What happens when I try is what I described above.

The version is whatever Adobe CC installs automatically, I haven't touched it. I can see it in my AE installed add-ons and in the menu. AE just won't switch to it.

C4D.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe's default install locations on C:\, so presumably it's installed where Adobe wants it?

CPU is a Ryzen 5950X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for info, EditingBear,

What happens when you go to File > New > Maxon Cinema 4D File? Does it launch Cinema 4D? It'll help us to understand if the copy of Cinema 4D and its integration with After Effects is working as it should.

Let us know how it goes.

Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had C4D installed, but it would not work in any fashion. Turns out it may have been a corrupted install or something similar. Installing from Maxon's homepage helped and now it seems to be running normally again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. After reinstalling AFX CC23 (23.6.2) the Cinema 4D Plug-In still won't work. I need the Cinema Renderer for a simple logo animation. When I look into the plug-in folder some files/folders seem to be missing (for example there is no 'bin' folder).AFX_CC23_C4D_missing.JPG

CPU: i7-2600, Win 10 64, Cinema 4D R23

Thanks for any help,
Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines