• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access to "Apply Color LUT" with javascript

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to access the file path that is used in the "Apply Color LUT" effect in AE CS 5.5. I would like to automate the application of LUTS but I need to be able to dynamically apply the path to the LUTS.

Imagine you have 100 shots and each one has their own LUT. I want to write a script that uses the shotname to find the proper LUT and apply it and then be able to render out of After Effects with that LUT applied

Any thoughts?  Or is their another option I might try.  I think LUT Buddy would have the same issue.

Jason

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post this question on the AE Scripting forum. You'll find a link on the forum home page.

[EDIT: moved by administrator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file path property on the "Apply Color LUT" effect is not directly accessible with scripting unfortunately. The closest I can think of would be making an animation preset of the applied effect. Not sure if it would save the file path in the preset or not, but even if it did, you still have the issue of each LUT path being different. I think this may be just a good ole manual labor task. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah manually is not an option for me in this case. Going to have to

figure out another option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines