• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Achieving 007 Invisibility Effect(Aston Martin)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

How was this 007 Effect achieved? I know in the film they said about camera on the car but that is just something fancy they came up with for the film, How was this actually achieved( was it a practical Special Effect or VFX) and how can this effect be replicated in After Effects?

Any info or advice will be much appreciated......

James Bond Cars Die Another Day - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

My quickest guess is the car image being used as a displacement on the background. I would also assume a CG model of the car, especially in the shots where the effect is "failing" as the car is shot at..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My quickest guess is the car image being used as a displacement on the background. I would also assume a CG model of the car, especially in the shots where the effect is "failing" as the car is shot at..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, cool effect!  I think Scooter's right.

Mask off your car using roto tools (AE's will work fine). Then grab a clean background and use the roto'd car for your displacement map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also took notice of the tracks in the snow, (nice touch) and the snow does not appear to be moving at all so Im guessing they are just masked in as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone... Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines