• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects Must be installed to import this file

Participant ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to "replace with After Effects composition" I get the error message above.  I have seen many others with the same issue and logged out and rebooted as suggested and it still doesn't work.  I am using version 17.0.1 of After Effects and 14.0 of Premiere Pro.  What do I need to do to get this functionality to work?  Seems it's going on for years...?

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

I found a solution that worked for me on a Mac and I assume a similar solution would work on Windows. It was an issue with permissions. I went to my security & privacy settings and allowed the adobe products (Premiere, Audition, After Effects and Creative Cloud) full disc access and make sure they had any other requested permissions. After that, I closed out of each program and when I reopened it things started working on Windows, I would try running each as an administrator. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this issue. I've uninstalled PP and AE then reinstalled. They are both the same version (2023); however, I still get the "After Effects 2023 must be installed to import  this file" error. This is making my lose valuable time. I'm very frustrated with Adobe. It seems that several people are experiencing this issues with no resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the solution in my post?

1.  uninstall Ae and remove all preferences
  2. install again Ae
  3. open all Ae files (an alarm will pop up asking to update to the latest version), update the version, and over-write (save with the exact same name by deleting the [converted] part that gets added by Ae by default)
  4.  once all files are up to date, open the Pr file, and all Ae in the timeline will play...

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same problem ... very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fixed this issue after trying all the suggested fixes, and this hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

For MAC go to Security & privacy > full disk access. Then tick/check the following;

• After Effects
  • Premiere pro
  • Media encoder
  • aerendercore 

aerendercore disk permissions seems to be the key to this problem, I had all the above ticked apart from that and still getting the error. Now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if you already updated your after effects, you can try restarting your computer(mac) then try opening your premiere again. If that doesnt link up, go to creative cloud and there should be a new AF rason why it doesnt link. constantly needs updating that goes to (BETA)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try relinking the media by right clicking on the item you want to replace with the AE content and click link media... relocate the AE file and that might work - it fixed this problem for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's simply unnaceptable that this issue is still happening. 

I've had the same problem multiple times and have had to remake entire sequenes to carry on working. I've tried all the usual uninstall, permissions, preferences fixes and none are working consistently. Get your act together Adobe, Unreal are coming and I'm more than happy to jump ship. I've spent the last two hours trying to fix a project that was working this morning. And it's still not fixed. And my client is waiting. Stop messing about with Firefly and emply some developers to make your programs stable and fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines