• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Product User Guides... Why can't I search the User Guide ONLY...

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there not a function on the Adobe website were I can search specifically in the User Guide for a specific application? For example, currently when I go to help for any of the Adobe apps it sends me to the adobe website, and I can go to the user guide for the application, but there is no feature to search the User Guide... the only search feature on the page is for the whole Adobe site... so if I search for something... for example if I am looking for the shortcut keys for markers in Adobe After Effects... if I could search the After Effects User's Guide, then I could easily find the answer... but you guys don't have it set up that way... and the only search feature searches the entire Adobe site... I am a busy design professional and I don't have time to waste searching through forum posts when I just want a simple answer... This needs to function correctly.

TOPICS
FAQ , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to ruin your day, but it's one of those things even we Community Professionals have complained about over and over again and it never comes. So for what it's worth an external search using Google an limiting it to the helpx.adobe.com domain is more efficient.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. It would at least be helpful to have a download link for the PDF of the current User Guide in the help section of the website... at least then you could search the PDF... this used to be there, but I see now that has been removed. I think it's interesting that Adobe doesn't pay any attention to the Community Professionals on this--that is a bad sign for the future of Adobe, or any company when they stop listening to their customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/after_effects_reference.pdf

Replace progam name for other pdfs.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW  I'm sure you know this but you can set the filters on the unified help to isolate your searches.  Problem is the filters reset after every search - at least they did least time I used the unified help which was years ago.

This is just an assumption but there's anly two logical reasons I can think of as to WHY they would try to intentionally keep people on the unified help rather than providing links to themuch more practical "reference PDFs";

1) Pride:  They spent so much time and money creating the UH.  This explanation is unlikely.

2) On the UH they can track user data.  They can track your searches, where you are searching from, etc, etc.  On the Unified Help they can collect user data and do all the things Adobe does with personal user data.  They cannot do that on the reference pdfs.  This explanation seems the most likely.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines