• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe should make a flexible solution about its stupid thing now in 2024 after a decade

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a scene with camera tracking plus i use advanced render in AE2024 so i extrude my text from it. I never wanna use element 3D so after extrude text i created a light but adoobe has a stupid restriction that we can't use light and shadow in advance render with simple light so okh, I made then Env. light which is not good option for flexible shadows like hard shadow etc... so after that wow i succeeded to create extrude text along with a hard shadow very tough but i.... which is also not possible in AE with classic3d bcz classic 3d show shadow easily but won't enable extrude option which is frkn strange (AND i am doing all this on another layer below which is a shadow catcher layer created by tracking camera shadow catcher option a simple shadow catch techniques nothing fancy like E3D) so after i accomplished to get a result like extrude 3d text with my desired hard shadow behind this 3d text with the help of advance renderer option but the problem is when i hide that shadow catcher solid with show only shadow option in properties shadow won't display onto my footage where the garden ground is displaying shadow totally ignore or gone why ??

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Advanced 3D renderer cannot use lights or cast traditional shadows, but you can extrude text.

The C4D renderer will cast shadows, extrude, and use lights, but it is limited.

The Classic 3D renderer will use lights and shadow catchers but won't extrude text or shape layers. 

Element 3D applied to a 2D layer will use comp cameras and lights if you are in the Classic 3D render mode. I would choose that option because it offers the most reliable way of integrating most 3D options if you want to stick with After Effects.

Mocha AE, especially Mocha Pro, can be used instead of Camera Tracking for many shots to combine Extruded 3D layers instead of Camera Tracking.

Blender (free/open source/extremely powerful 3D app) integrates well with After Effects, can do camera tracking, and will easily and flawlessly integrate 3d models, including 3D text, into a shot. 

Without a better explanation of the shot you are working with and the design goals of the composite, it is pretty difficult to give you any better suggestions on improving your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rick, tnku! for your valuable reply to me but i think you did not want to read my above help once and for all with extreme focus bcz i already very concisely wrote my everything with best explanation and i think using mind and reading things is easier then typing writing something as long msg, Its painful for me to wrote again all...mmm?!

But a little glimpse here last time giving you are, so in your reply you just spoke robotically same definition of these all options which i was aware of already in life no need for that i know classic3d only stpd option who can't give us even low level extrude text 3d capability.
Where we just use Shadow Catcher but can't Extrude text in any low-level sense even not go for fancy but also I know already in advance renderer we can use environment Light for creating successfully Shadows but why stupidly i don't know other lights in advance renderer after effect dont allow AND forr C4D render something very strange in my after-effect 24.1 version hapening whenever I use it or I select C4D render AE2024 crash close with no sign or msg or display anything just crash close, Can you explain to me why...? and you are also explaining element 3D is best for solving my problem, so that elements 3D is the only option where I can use expensive and fancy 3D extrude text with realistic shadow catcher lights and shadows easily, is that correct if yes then its a big bad Q on the face of Adobe devlp.... and also I don't want to use element 3D and mocha for this my project and I never want to use for this project Blender and I am not expert of it so can you tell me I just ask about simple thing that I want to use Shadow Catcher with I want to create from camera tracking where I can track my footage with Camera tracking in after effect and then on its tracking points right click with that tracking points and select camera create the Shadow Catcher option then I want to create text from this option same and make it exclude with after effect Advance renderer 3D text enable option in properties section where geometry panel show already now with that I want to use Shadow Catcher but when i did this all already shadow aren't display WITH 3D text together and I know for this I should use environmental light with visible HDR map so I did this all but when I turn on only show Shadow option no Shadow showing i don't know why but when I turn off this option then shadow display on that solid. 

?????????????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not following you. If English is not your primary language, try posting another reply in your native language. 

I tried to figure out what you were saying and the problem with your project. The solution is to use a workflow that fits your design goals. I explained the limitations of each of the most common possible workflows. I'm sorry it did not help. 

We need to see screenshots of the timeline and understand the problem. There are at least three different simple workflows that will cast shadows from an extruded text layer that are fairly straight forward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree with what the expert suggested.

For now, I am moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines