• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Support hacked my computer

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached out to adobe's support team via the "Contact Us" link on this website that connects you with a chat agent. I was wondering how to fix an issue where my computer's volume will automatically turn up when I open adobe applications. After asking the usual unnecessary questions, the chat agent, "Syed", suggested that he could access my computer remotely to further assist me. I respectfully declined, to which he said "Okay. Why don't you try to reinstall the apps?" When I was responding to this a command prompt popped up on my screen and I lost control of my computer entirely. Everything was highlighted in blue and my applications were being opened as well as the windows start tab. I immediately shut down my system, rebooted, and wrote this thread. I am deeply disturbed by this and feel extremely violated. Will definetely not be contacting adobe support again, I'm even paranoid to be writing on this thread. I hope that this chat agent is found and let go for this as well as a memo released to chat agents that unauthorized access to a customer's personal computer is a serious invasion of privacy.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure its possible for them to do this unless you download the client from the link they send.

It could have been an infection already on your machine, it would be a massive coincidence. I'd suggest doing a repair/re-install of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Evan226672268y6n,

I'm really sorry to hear about this, and thank you for posting here!

If you decline remote access, Adobe support would never do it forcefully. As @Flik.Motion mentioned, Adobe support can't connect to your computer unless you download the client software on your computer first. That said, I can check more details internally. Please send me your Adobe ID (email address) via a direct message so that I can look into this. [Open my profile to send me a direct message].

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support hacked my computer as well when I allowed them to take control to check an issue with my CC account. I knew something was wrong when the guy went into Terminal on my Mac. I am now dealing with weird 'ghost' downloads/uploads that occur every few seconds throough my university email of all things....they are probablyt looking for financial information. I complained about it and Adobe did nothing to investigate it properly. I am furious!

I will go to the police tomorrow morning if Adobe do not respond professionally and tidy up their mess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reached out to adobe support a few weeks ago. They asked me to install an application which I did. Now a few weeks later processes are getting elevated privileges,  weird programmes are installed. Windows Pop-ups appear asking for credentials. UAC warnings etc... the list goes on and on. Long story short. I'm hacked. 

I'm really cautious and have an IT background. I'm collecting evidence and will go to the authorities. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines