Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advance tech using chroma key

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I do stopmotion on green screen that i have to put behind the puppet every shot.

I already know how to do normal chroma keying and in the following example i always remove the green screen with black space.

But what I would like to know how i can do is to make the changes that happen in the top photo (Black space background) that is happening because of the green screen affect the bottom photo only in the areas where the green screen is in the top photo.

Thanks!

21886791_10159245265195177_1127754731_o.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I do not know what you are asking. My best guess is that the top image is a shot with the green card inserted into the shot and the bottom image is your stage without the green card placed behind the actor.

When you apply keying the area behind the puppet actor will be transparent so you can put another layer below it and build a composite.

I don't know where you want to go from there. Any changes or effects you apply to the layer with the puppet will only effect the layer with the puppet. You can make color corrections or apply other style effects. If you need to morph or do some other kinds if distortion effects then you have to either apply those effects before you apply the keying effect or pre-compose the keyed footage and apply the distortion effect to the shot.

Please explain further and include a screenshot of your entire AE project with the modified properties of the layers you are having problems with revealed. Just PrintScreen and paste or Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + 3 and drag from the desktop if you are on a Mac. I wish I could help but I don't know what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to be successful at this you'll fix the lighting on the green screen -- there's a hot spot upper-right.
You'll also move the green screen away from the subject enough to light subject & green screen separately, which 1) eliminates green spill and 2) lets you tweak the green screen intensity to make the key easier.  6 feet ought to do it.

Sure, you may need to get more lighting and you may need to get a bigger green screen,  but it makes the key a LOT easier.  It's certainly easier than fighting to get each and every key looking right... or even so-so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing stops you from re-using your keyed result as a matte. Everything else is obscure. I have to agree with the others. There is simply no way to transpose existing animation onto a completely different shot. You are fundamentally misunderstanding something here and more or less your whole setup is questionable and highly unsuitable for what i think you are attempting to do...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Darkm,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines