• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2018 multi processing

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking to see if the latest AE 2018 has any form of usable multi processing back in it? We have some new machines and its insane how slow renders are compared to older rigs running 2014 with multi processing.

Has anyone seen performance improvements on modern multicore multi GPU rigs? I don't like when AE only uses 6% of my CPU and only one out of 4 GPU's.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ongoing lack of multiprocessing with AE CC2018 is unbelievable.

We all have multi-core rigs, and most of them stay idle when using AE.

Except for the few cases mentioned by Szalam, MP rendering does make a huge difference, and the latest AE version still provides slower renders than CC2014. We are still reverting our projects to CC2014 whenever we can, and render times are up to 7 times faster. 7 times faster with a 4 year old version!

Really, what the hell?

How are slower updates a good selling point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we should be grateful to Adobe for working so hard for our money.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Moon68 - copy your message to the form here, it will get more notice:

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mike_Abbott - I appreciate the advice, but I already used this form about this issue. Twice in two years.

Not sure it got noticed at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rendering from ADOBE AE CC 2018 ist slow.

We make a test between a Apple Urne from 2013

and a Supermirco Dual 14 Core with 4x Titan X GPU.

The old MAC is faster.

I think this show the bad old slow software from ADOBE.

We must pay in one moth 40.000€ for one new jear with ADOBE.

A lot of money, but ADOBE makes only Marketing updates for PR.

There is nothing for performance!

A very bad Company!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of the problem you see is that CPU speed is not increasing like it used to. Moore's Law is dead. Intel/AMD are combatting this by adding more cores. Though you may have more cores, the clock speed of a single core in your new system may be slower than the older Mac core. Since Adobe is not multi-threading very well, you may be running a slower single thread and seeing slower results. This is why we made RenderGarden. Give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Matt+Silverman  wrote

CPU speed is not increasing like it used to. Moore's Law is dead. Intel/AMD are combatting this by adding more cores

Moores Law has nothing to do with core speed.   Moores Law speaks to the size of transistors.

It states:  The number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit doubles approximately every two years.

The fact that you observe Intel/AMD are adding more cores proves that Moores Law is NOT dead.

But it is predicted that Moores Law will be obsolete very soon as the miniaturization of transistors will reach it's physical limitations.

This is why laboratories are researching how to abandon mechanical systems and move into biological systems

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moore’s Law Is Dead. Now What? - MIT Technology Review

But you're point is valid if the goal is to purely to increase transistor count. I always assumed the goal was to increase the speed of my computer. Which it is not doing unless the software is heavily multi-threaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Matt+Silverman  wrote

Moore’s Law Is Dead. Now What? - MIT Technology Review

But you're point is valid if the goal is to purely to increase transistor count.

I think Moore's Law is more of an observation than a goal.  And, in theory at least, smaller transistors do equate to faster cpu's.  And "computers" are still getting exponentially faster, aren't they?

As for how software utilizes all those transistors when they're divided up across multiple cores is not something I know very much about at all, but there are companies that are doing brilliantly,  Adobe just isn't one of those companies.

It's Darwinism.  If Adobe cannot keep up with the changing environment eventually they'll die off.  It might literally take 100 years or more, but if they don't catch up, they will eventually die.  Unless of course Darwin was wrong and Adobe has been ordained by...

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won’t take 100 years. Can happen in two. I’ve seen it happen so many times. Industry leading application disapears.  Avid, FCP, Softimage, Matador, Commotion, Elastic Reality, Shake, Quark, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything is possible & like you say companies vanish all the time.

But unless something catastrophic occurs I think Adobe will be around (even in decline) for quite awhile.

They're too big to just disappear.

Stock value is not really a proper gauge either as the markets are based more on what people believe than any objective reality.

Also, mark to market accounting basically makes it legal for companies to cook their books and report earnings that don't actually exist.

I'm in no way asserting that Adobe is doing that.  I'm just saying that the stock market is mostly smoke and mirrors.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much memory each core has access to is also an integral part in determining performance. With more core, you will also need more system RAM.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I made a windows app that does multicore rendering (basically, it spawns AERender.exe processes, checks exit codes and respawns if needed). Nothing beautiful or commercial, but it works well for me.

PM me if you're interested.

Wim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a tool to make multiprocessing and Network Renders as easy as possible to deal with. (I got tired of entering code every time I wanted to render). If you wanna check it out, it's at http://www.AeRenderBoss.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think ADOBE will buy your tool.

Then the marketing boys can talk great about the great developers of ADOBE.

But for a GPU rendering support, ADOBE needs at least 10 years, and good freaks like her or Wim.

The arrogance of ADOBE is just a puke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe believes its superior superiority in the film and television industry

Therefore, regardless of the user's application efficiency

This garbage tool we have now abandoned

Nuke da Vinci is our best choice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Dream,
how much performance Grant Petty,
with DaVinci can get out of graphics cards and good processors!
Nuke is good if The Foundry stays that slow
Nuke will soon be overtaken by merger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's update to After Effects includes multithreading improvements to the grain effects. Also of note, some of the other newer features that have been added to AE recently (like the Camera Shake Deblur effect) are also multithreaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they fix the Font preview yet?  My poor orange tabby cat is looking forward to moving in with you.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

Did they fix the Font preview yet?  My poor orange tabby cat is looking forward to moving in with you.

You can now arrow through fonts, if that's what you're asking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam  wrote

Gutterfish   wrote

You can now arrow through fonts, if that's what you're asking about.

Well more importantly that the text actually updates in the composition panel as you do.   This essential feature was broken in the new character panel but is now fixed wit this release.  So I keep my cat...thank goodness.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hura,

two Effects are multithreaded!!!

I think that is bulshit.

Only when the ADOBE Renderer from MediaEncoder, Premiere and After Effects work multithreaded,

we can say that is it good,

but only when it's work fast. Mohre faster than CS6. On new Computer with multi GPU.

ADOBE sleeps over years! That know two effects multithreaded, show mohre the ADOBE problem's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RenderGarden is definitely an answer, but the trial was crashing Premiere for me.  Restarting AE and PPro after a render solves the issue, but if you need speed, this little script helps those of us with Dual Xeons, ect, to fly again.   I really can't comprehend why Adobe removed multiprocessing.  Obviously crashes and performance were of concern, which explains why they removed it, but at least leave the option in.   Or, absorb RenderGarden, improve the UI and integrate it in.  Don't think they need to because they obviously knew how to do it in the past.   Render speed is paramount. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

Glad you're digging RenderGarden. We have not had any reports about Premiere crashes. Can you provide any more info? Were you using any 3rd party plug-ins in AE? I'm assuming the GPU got overloaded with Premiere. What GPU are you using?

Thanks,

Matt Silverman

Mekajiki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines