• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CC Error (86::1)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to relink an AE CC 2017 project with photos and footage that had been moved.

I do the replace command and navigate to the missing file. When I click ok I get (86::1) which is After Effects error: Unsupported video bit depth in source file. 

This project worked fine last November. No issues what so ever, now when I try and relink, it's not working

Anyone have an answer?

much appreciated

jack

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Sorry about that, JackB. Can you file a case here? Contact Customer Care

Thank,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Just went through this. The files have incorrect permissions which can only be remedied AFAIK by copying each file to desktop and replacing. Then you can move the files off desktop into a new folder and replace in AE again. You can't move a folder of assets to desktop, just one file at a time. Time consuming but works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with any Quicktime screen video when trying to import to either AE, Pr or Encore... Using Catalina 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BS This codesc doesn't solve the problem. Shame on you to advertise your product in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running a version of After Effects that still uses QuickTime as a system driver for time-based media, installing the AVID QuickTime CODECs should resolve the issue if it's being triggered a source footage item that uses an AVID QuickTime CODEC.

If you're running a current version of After Effects that no longer uses QuickTime as a system driver for time-based media, there's no point in installing the AVID QuickTime CODECs.

For what it's worth, AVID's modern CODECs are all now supported directly (AE CC2019 and AE 2020).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very important to take note that QuickTime was deprecated by Apple back in 2013.  Footage that uses legacy QuickTime should be transcoded to a modern format.  If staying with the QuickTime movie file format (.mov), be sure to choose something that is supported directly in Adobe applications.

Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/quicktime7-support-dropped.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with some jpegs. Converting from CMYK to RBG fix the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me also. I need to look up why it makes the difference...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I believe this has to do with the color space. Was trying to import image that was in CMYK mode. Switched it to RVB and worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I recently had this issue. Are you working off a hardrive that is formatted as Exfat so you can use it on your PC and Mac? I got the (86 :: 1) error when I was trying to open my file. It happened because I was working off my hardrive which had been formatted to Exfat so I could work on it on my pc and my mac. Working off my hardrive on my pc was fine but I got the error when trying to work off the hard drive with the mac. Easiest solution was just to copy it over to my documents folder just work from there, then paste it back to the hardrive when I need to switch computers. Problem solved for me. Hope this helps.
-Chris-o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[[SOLUTION]]

Today I faced same problem. Cant attach the MOV file into composition. 

just change the extension .mov to .avi 

MAGIC!!
Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing this problem too (both AE 2019 and 2020 on my pc). Problem on footage h264.mp4 file.

I solved this by renaming the footage and then replace them. I read this thread, but my problem doesn't relate to the Permission or Quicktime. It's happening with several files in several projects, others project with same codec and file name working fine. I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to the problem for myself. 86: 1 was an issue only for clips that contain audio. 
If yours is the same, then this will help you. Just move the cache folder to any external drive and the problem will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you friend! it helped me! my macbook m1 max had a problem with importing videos of different formats into AE. I moved the cache to another disk and everything worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!!!!! This solved my problen with both VIDEO and IMAGE files including audio and not. Thank you! For those stumbling upon tis answer, just got to settings in AFTER EFFECTS and change the DISK CACHE location to an external drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines