• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ae comp window doesn't update

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been having this issue for a year or so now. I'll be working in Ae and after a period of time (usually a few minutes) the composition window won't update with the changes. It'll be stuck on the frame. Preview rendering doesn't help. I can see the green line rendering but the viewport doesn't update. The only solve is to restart Ae. It's getting a little old now, and happens on my work and home workstations. They're both Windows, both running the latest and greatest Ae, and both quite different spec: one has a 3080 Ti, the other a 1060. Anyone know what on earth is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not ideal. Do you get this issue in all the projects? Could you share some details on the projects with the issue? Any third-party plug-ins? Does clearing the cache help?

Let us know. Moving the thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu, thanks for the reply. Yes, I get the issue in all projects. They're usually nothing too complex: mostly all HD, just solids, vectors and some light Prores and H264/5 keying and VFX work. I do currently have the Maxon One suite installed, which can be a buggy so and so. I'll remove it and see what happens but I do tend to lean on a few of the filters a lot. Clearing the cache doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you get the issue if you don't use third-party plug-ins? Can you try running After Effects in Safe Mode with the third-party plug-ins disabled and see if you are still getting the issue?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the below solution 

Update Graphics Drivers:
Ensure that the graphics drivers for both your NVIDIA GPUs (3080 Ti and 1060) are up to date. Visit the NVIDIA website and download the latest drivers for your specific GPU models.
Check After Effects Preferences:
Go to Edit > Preferences > Display and make sure that Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels is enabled.
In Preferences > Memory & Performance, ensure that RAM Reserved for Other Applications is set to a reasonable amount, leaving enough RAM for After Effects to operate smoothly.
Purge Cache:
Purge the cache in After Effects by going to Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache. This can help if the issue is related to cached data.
Disable GPU Acceleration:
Temporarily disable GPU acceleration to see if the issue is related to your GPU. Go to File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects and set Use to Mercury Software Only. Restart After Effects and see if the issue persists.
Reset Preferences:
Reset After Effects preferences by holding down Ctrl + Alt + Shift while launching After Effects. This will reset preferences to their default settings, which can resolve various issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions. I've worked through all of them but still have the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this issue, but only when i'm using Element3D, it sort of soft-crashes.  Everything appears to be working, except the comp window does not update.  And restarting the PC was the only solution.

One additional setting you could try, in Edit > Preferences > Import, uncheck Enable Hardware Accelerated Decoding.

This also uses your GPU and I've had issues with Windows File Explorer having conflicts that were solved by unchecking this option.  My "problems" went away with that unchecked, although since then AE has been through updates and it is rechecked and I've not had the problem recur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines