• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE hangs at "Initializing Media Core"

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2009 Sep 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully installed the Production Premium suite. In the beginning, all apps ran fine. I automatically updated the suite, and AE now is version 9.0.2. I could use all applications in the suite, including After Effects.

Then something happened. First I updated my NVIDIA driver (GeForce 7600GT), then I installed Reg Giant Key Correct Pro. After that, AE just won't start anymore. When loading, it stops at "Initializing Media Core".

I have uninstalled RedGiant Key Correct Pro.

I have rolled back my NVIDIA driver.

I have uninstalled my NVIDIA driver.

I have reinstalled After Affects from the DVD.

I have updated AE once more (the DVD has version 9.0, the update is 9.0.2)

I have always rebooted when uninstalling / installing.

No matter what I do - AE is stuck shortly after it loads, at "Initializing Media Core", and I have to kill it using Task Manager in Windows.

I run Vista 64bit with 8Gb RAM, and  NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT.

ingvarai

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem too sometimes when opening After Effects...when it got stuck at "Initialising MediaCore" i 'End Proccess' from task manager ans restart AE but still had th same problem...so what i did after that was I try switching off my Internet or disconnect from the Internet and try relauch AE..and it works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find one other easily fixed cause that locked up my AE CS6. In looking through System Preferences, the Perian utility that has DivX and other tools for media playback luckily indicated that "It was installed twice". I removed the duplicate install and voila, everything back to normal. Hope this helps someone as it was very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem, and fixed it by removing some SAN networking software. It definetly has something do a conflict with some other app that is using your network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CC 2015: The problem seems to be AVG anti-virus. I disabled AVG and it fixed everything. Apparently a recent update messed with Adobe. If the other troubleshooting methods don't work for you (re: adding exceptions to the firewall and/or changing read/write permissions of the Adobe folder in app data), this worked immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thunderbalz wrote:

For CC 2015: The problem seems to be AVG anti-virus. I disabled AVG and it fixed everything. Apparently a recent update messed with Adobe.

Yes. To be specific, Firewall, Computer, Identity, and Email options are all fine. HOWEVER, if you switch on either of the Web options (LinkScanner or Online Shield), it goes back to the QuickTime error and taking ages to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answering from Bangladesh... Just uninstall the last windows update and restore to previous build of whatever windows you have.  Problem Solved...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines