Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE/Premiere CC2018 and CC2019 Not Dynamic Linking

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just recently loaded After Effects 2019 to test while keeping After Effects 2018.  I have projects in Premiere 2018 dynamic linked to After Effects 2018 files that will not connect. When I try to relink the footage it gives the message that I do not have After Effects install on my computer. Is there a work around to have them linked or should I just uninstall After Effects 2019?

I have tested multiple projects to make sure this isn't a solo incident.

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 2.04.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 2.01.40 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but Dynamic link doesn't work between two different versions.  They have to be the same ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave - Just making sure you understand my issue because I am not trying to link between two different versions. I have a Premiere 2018 project file that is opened in Premiere 2018, linked to After Effects files that were created in After Effects 2018. I still have both Premiere and After Effects 2018 on my system.

I loaded After Effects 2019 to test.

Is there not a way to continue my Premiere 2018 project with my AE2018 files without uninstalling 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines