• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE "Out of Memory" Error crashing other stuff

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just recently, I went from having a Hard Disk (4TB) to an SSD (1TB) and before then, AE was working perfectly, but for some reason, AE just keeps spamming me with this nonstop error :

AE.PNG

If I click on Ok a bunch of times, my monitor goes black for a few seconds and Firefox crashes, along with probably other applications, if I had some. I tried stuff with memory and I have 11GB of memory allocated for AE, yet I hardly do anything and it says out of memory (Like putting Mir on a solid and rotating it).

I have

- 16GB of RAM

- 4GB GTX 1050 TI SC

- 1000GB SSD

I hope anyone can help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Hi alexcormier,

How often do you purge your memory and disk cache (Edit - Purge - All Memory & Disk Cache...)? I also get that message occasionally on my older computer with a smaller hard drive. Usually just doing that does the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is youre cache set to? Are you sure the newly added disk isn't interfering with your SSD and the respective controller/ PCI bus? check your device manager and settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cache is set to 100GB.

The disk and SSD aren't interfering with anything, from what I've seen. I've tried checking for updates, but there's nothing either.

Thanks for your reply, nonetheless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE.PNG

This new error just started to pop up and as soon as I try to open up anything else, it makes my monitor crash (Turns black and stays black, but still plays music or whatever else) along with anything that may be open.

Also, it displays these errors even when I'm hardly doing anything. For example : Roto-ing a small video and trying to render the video.

This single action makes everything crash, and I have a decent PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexcormier,

How often do you purge your memory and disk cache (Edit - Purge - All Memory & Disk Cache...)? I also get that message occasionally on my older computer with a smaller hard drive. Usually just doing that does the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not even aware there was such an option and it seemed to have done the trick for the memory problem, thank you so much! Although, for some reason, rendering a simple preview of a video with basically only a Curves effect and Roto brush takes ages even with Half the resolution (I have 11GB of RAM for Adobe Apps). Are there any tricks for this as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! I suppose you could bump the resolution down to a quarter, although I understand the annoyance of viewing at that low of resolution. You can try adjusting the Media & Disk Cache settings in your preferences (Edit > Preferences > Memory.) Here is a link from the Adobe website that explains the nitty gritty details:

Memory and storage in After Effects

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it does help, thank you, but I simply don't understand the reason for which it needs to be down to a quarter when you hardly have any effects on it at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purging did not work, any other suggestions? Already tried dropping to half quality, if I drop it anymore then its just useless pixely video that not one would watch. This is the only project I have had this issue with and I have worked on much larger and more "effect" heavy projects. Also have a solid pc, only 16gb ramm but that has been enough in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue now...for me it seems a problem of After Effects...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ashh66966916​ and MikeUe​,

Did you guys each try purging your memory and disk cache (Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache...)? How often do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm really mad about this issue! I'm having the EXACTLY problem that you showed with the print. 

Did you manage to fix it? Have a solution or anything besides cleaning caches/purging? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve had this error ,  it stoped when I set the memory to far lower that I’ve installed so I have 32 gig I told after effect to only use 24 ... also I set my cash disk to half the amount avalibe , 250 gig to like 170 go haven’t had a erro since 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm getting this error as well, and would try what you propose, but I'm just stuck with the error message and can't do anything else in the program than say "ok" and get the same error again. I would like to not lose what I have been working on, and generally just be able to do anything with the program, what can i do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please enable your Windows swap file in automatic mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this solved my problem!!!! tranks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm currently having this problem! Where do I enable this "windows swap file" settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continue your windows vitual memory in automatic management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work! These is my current specs:

Intel Core i57400 Kaby Lake

MOBO: Gigabyte H110M-S2V-CF

RAM: 16gb

GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050ti 

I can't do anything that pops this message saying out of memory. 

I don't know what to do anymore! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, I tried all suggestions mentioned before but it didn't change anything. 
It happened after Windows reinstallation, but I think that's not the point.
If there is something except cache purging/GPU driver reinstalling/extending RAM for AE (it's already 11 out of 16 Gb)/enabling Windows swap file in automatic mode/AE reinstalling TELL ME PLEASE.
I have never had such a problem before and I have no idea what the cause is(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same with me!:'( did u get the sollution yet? please help:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-11-20 092725.jpg

This will fix it

enable automatic page like shown on the screenshot!

Subscribe to "Design Creators" if this works.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines