• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE renders .mov that quicktime cannot play. VLC does play but at 1 frame/sec.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I render using AE render queue at Best Settings and Lossless a .mov is produced that cannot be played by quicktime. VLC can play the .mov file yet the resulting sequence seems to play every 20th frame or so. Further, during rendering, when you can preview each frame being rendered, it appears to be rendering frames consistent with what VLC plays back, meaning it appears as though only every 20th frame is being rendered. The frame-rate for the comp being rendered is 29.97.

I've tried restarting my computer, restarting AE and uninstalling and re-installing AE with no change in this issue. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Gabriel 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you upload the screen shot of your render setting (Add to Render Queue) in After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 11.39.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-23 at 11.41.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The settings look fine. Did you also set 29.97 in Compostion Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, composition and render framrates are consistent. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 11.59.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if there is a causal relationship here, but I  want to mention that I noticed that this problem began after I installed VLC. I've tried uninstalling VLC to see if that made a difference but it has not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things:
Are you rendering out in a quicktime codec that supports alpha channels?  You find it in the Output Module settings' Format Options section.

What happens when you import the file into Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rendering with or without alpha channels bears the same result. 

Importing the footage into Premiere Pro or back into AE results in useable footage that plays back at 29.97. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines