Ae Rotobrush keeps propagating over and over again?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I've run into the same problem with the Ae Roto Brush a few times now and it's more or less making it impossible to use the tool at all;

Whenever I finish rotobrushing a video clip and go back to the composition window, when I change anything in the composition that somehow triggers the Roto Brush to completely restart the propagating process, which can be very time consuming. Those changes don't even need to be something related to the rotobrush, even stuff like adding a text layer or just looking at a different part of the compisition can trigger this to happen. 

Has anyone had this same problem? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make matters worse, for whatever reason my Ae just re-propagated (?) and ruined an entire segment I had manually rotobrushed for 4 hours. No way to recover the original. How is this possible? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude it sucks badly!!!!!!! I'm typing this while it just keeps repeating itself over and over. If adobe doesn't fix this problem...They need to get rid of Roto brush completely. Or we can just find another editing program that has a proper roto brush. The funny thing is, none of the updates fixes it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you Freeze Rotobrush? Are you stacking a bunch of other layers in the same comp as the Rotobrush layer? If so, that's not a good idea. Your Rotrobrush layer should be the only layer in a comp. If you need to use the matte that is created you nest the comp in the main composition with the other layers. If your roto is complicated and longer than just a few seconds it is a really good idea to Pre-render the Rotobrush comp so you end up with a visually lossless source file with transparency. This is doubly important if you are using Dynamic Link and Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I seriously don't beleive that anyone who ISN'T experiencing this issue A) understands the actual issue or B) understands how absolutely infuriating it is. I have watched DOZENS of videos on how to use the rotoscope brush and never have I seen anyone's video propagate constantly. My file just auto-saved which triggered another 999 frame propagation. The more you do, the longer you're going to wait EVERYtime you stop to fix a border error.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines